The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PS3] NHL 13: Be a GM Connected (Full)

Announcement 2.0:

Everyone, to make life easier for everyone, use this link to make & post your roster: http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/. When you are done making the roster, on the left hand side of the linked page, click "Text Roster" and your roster will come up as so:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,768,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,431,667

Looking for a 3rd line center. Willing to take a cap dump for picks or Jonas Gustavsson.

Definitely in the (79-81) range. Offer away boys n giels.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)

Alexei Ponikarovsky ($1.800m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)

Craig Adams ($0.675m) / Victor Rask ($0.894m) / Andreas Nodl ($0.845m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Chris Phillips ($3.083m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Nate Prosser ($0.825m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,614,167; BONUSES: $320,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $13,585,833

Before people cry about it being lopsided, look at the bigger picture. I have to get Benn locked into a contract thats good money and term, what if he signs a 1 year deal followed by 1 year deal? What if EA crapped the bed(has happened once) and Benn's potential is crap? What if Oleksiak is a bust? What if my 1st round pick has half a star and zero room for improvement, a bunch of what if's on my end, and a pretty clear deal on his side.

40 goal scorer, 70 points, Selke winner, one of the best penalty killers, leader, playoff experience, list goes on

He wanted him, I didn't want to move him, said for the right package I'd do it, this is it. I've seen worse trades

Before people cry about it being lopsided, look at the bigger picture. I have to get Benn locked into a contract thats good money and term, what if he signs a 1 year deal followed by 1 year deal? What if EA crapped the bed(has happened once) and Benn's potential is crap? What if Oleksiak is a bust? What if my 1st round pick has half a star and zero room for improvement, a bunch of what if's on my end, and a pretty clear deal on his side.

40 goal scorer, 70 points, Selke winner, one of the best penalty killers, leader, playoff experience, list goes on

He wanted him, I didn't want to move him, said for the right package I'd do it, this is it. I've seen worse trades

worse trade I've seen in the 2 leagues I'm in. I don't even know where to begin so I won't.

Had I known Dallas was willing to make a trade like this I would have given Joe Thornton, Tomas Hertl, and a 1st round pick just for Benn and I still would have considered myself the winner in the trade.

A reasoning was asked for, and it seems both GM's knew what they were doing so it was posted even though I didn't want to. However, it can be disallowed if majority wants it to be....

if we feel a deal was really out of line, we will veto, AKA cancel, the deal for the sake of the league, its members, and to maintain an enjoyable atmosphere for the majority.

Archived