The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Detroit hasnt been responding at all, my game with him was simmed last week. Im at school and work and still have time to send a reply saying hey man im busy today lets play tomorrow etc.

Calgary is also getting frustrating, such a pain to actually get into the game then theres the chance he'll leave cause he has before

And if you ARNT available during the week like the guy said before that is why youre supposed to set your AI for people. A bunch of people have already done it. Thats the point of it....

Im not trying to say EVERYONE should be on at all times. People have school work and families and i get that, but they should make time to send 1 message/ reply to a person that msgs them and say cant man im busy ill set up my AI. Half the time people just ignore msgs continue playing games and then just go offline without a sign of them for days. *cough* Calgary *cough*.

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT THE PSN:

There has been a security breach of the playstation network, apparently the mater key for the ps3 has been leaked allowing the people who have the code to take your info, SO If you have any personal info on ur psn account take that out now,ESPECIALLY CREDIT CARD INFO!

thought id let people know so they dont get taken advantage of

I have been trying to slowly eliminate the inactive players from this league, and for the most part the majority of players in the league are good. They are on the majority of the time. However, there are still some that are not as active. So, I guess I have to become more strict. From this point onwards, I am creating a necessary rule, which everyone (including myself) needs to put their AI option. Now, I do not think it is fair to the players such as the Wild, Kings and Islander's GMs, me included who are on almost everyday, and very active. But, it is too difficult to say everyone who is not going to be on daily to be the AI on, because I tried that, and people have yet to follow orders. So, now, everyone must put the AI on. If you do not have this option on before the next advancement, which will be sooner than expected--I will kick you from the league.

Second point, the advancement will be happening tomorrow (tomorrow is the trade deadline frenzy). It will go all day, and will close at 5:00 PM EST.

So in other words, all your games should be finished by tomorrow, and any trades, which you want to complete, or negotiate, they should be done by tomorrow.

Third point, I advise everyone to use the APP for NHL 13. It's great! You can check updates and message people and it's a great way to keep people up to date. It's not mandated, just advised.

Fourth point, Calgary, where are you? I have a double header with you, and so does Minny. You were on last night playing, then got off and onto Netflix. Which is fine.... but you have not been on all day. You are one player I will be expecting to put the AI on because you are getting a lot of complaints.

Final point -- PUT YOUR AI ON NOW! This will now force players to be on more, unless they trust in their AI strategies. But this is the only way to keep games from getting simmed.

Thank you,

Yes I have been thinking about how the playoffs will go. I will be putting a lot of time into making the playoffs interesting to follow. I am going to make sure every team who makes the playoffs is active. Because I will not sim ahead until all the games are played round by round. Obviously the later in the playoffs the easier it will become. So in order for this to work, I am going to become strict as a Nun in the playoffs. I will set a time limit to when x amount of games need to be played, or a series finished, depending on how I decide to set it up. Either I will put an entire series in one advancement (2 weeks) or I will do one or two games per advancement (3 days). Not decided yet. Nevertheless, if a team does not participate actively. I will suspend them for the remainder of the playoffs. In other words, if say in one playoff round say the first, Minny was playing San Jose and San Jose was not showing up and delaying Minny. Then I would kick SJ from the league, he can join back whenever the playoffs are over, and begin the off-season. This is the only way I can ensure that these games get played. So, if you make the playoffs, be ready to play because I want these games played and done quick. I think it's already taking long to get through a season.

I'd advance the league tonight if I knew people were all done. And that there was no more trades going through. I am always checking my mail box on my APP to see if there are trades pending.

Archived