The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

LOL, I wasn't saying that people should learn them! I was saying that when the game comes out and you get your first few goals you're like "Okay, I can score doing this so I'll keep doing it" Some people don't learn how to be 'creative'? not sure if that's the right word but ideally you would make good hockey plays which equates to good hockey goals.

i agree with you and edm

in the end, all types of goals should count. IDC if its a glitch or an slapper from the point, a goal is a goal. No matter how i get scored on i take it and keep playing. Saying you cant shoot a certain way is dumb. Thats just saying "dont score on me with your playing style and let me win". If you leave someone open to using a goal you dont like its your own fault. I hate one timers cause thats the biggest glitch ever, especially behind the net cross-crease pass but when ppl use it, whatever, i left the guy open. Sometimes its the computer that effs up, but whatever its a game. Learn how to get better. if ppl have a breakaway and score a cheap goal. I shouldnt have given him that break away. Learn how to play defence and shut their style down. (wasnt talking directly to you LA ahahahha just working off what you said)

i agree with you and edm

in the end, all types of goals should count. IDC if its a glitch or an slapper from the point, a goal is a goal. No matter how i get scored on i take it and keep playing. Saying you cant shoot a certain way is dumb. Thats just saying "dont score on me with your playing style and let me win". If you leave someone open to using a goal you dont like its your own fault. I hate one timers cause thats the biggest glitch ever, especially behind the net cross-crease pass but when ppl use it, whatever, i left the guy open. Sometimes its the computer that effs up, but whatever its a game. Learn how to get better. if ppl have a breakaway and score a cheap goal. I shouldnt have given him that break away. Learn how to play defence and shut their style down. (wasnt talking directly to you LA ahahahha just working off what you said)

I wasn't saying it in the sense of if it's there you better not take it, like I said I know just the way the play happens, sometimes it's right there in front of you and obviously you know it'll work and you take it. Same thing with breakaways; everybody knows the backhand-forehand works quite well, but you've already got a breakaway, so what's the difference? That's a lapse on the defensive team's part.

It's over with now, but I was bringing it up because that's ALL he was trying. If somebody is clearly only trying to skate to the endline to try glitch goals for 5 games, I'm sure you'd get frustrated. Sure, I might be able to stop it 90% of the time, but when it gets tried 30 times in a game, and 3 glitch goals get scored on me, I'm sure you can understand why it would piss somebody off.

Like I said, it's not about the fact that people score glitch goals, it happens, it always has and always will. It's the fact that they deliberately play in a style where it's obvious that is all they're going to try to do.

I know where you're coming from, and I'm not against banning goals either, I don't want a bunch of complaining for seasons to come (though it may look like I'm doing that right now haha). I was just getting it out there that it was all he tried and I was pissed off.

I am shocked that many of you are so sympathetic, even accepting of such in-authenticity. This is a game. Point well taken. However, this is not a reason to allow blatant exploitation and cheap tricks to win a game; especially against players who refuse to play like that. I have played many games against other players in this league with no glitch goals, and the games were quite fun and authentic. However, there are others whom clearly exploit the glitches. This is unacceptable, and will not be tolerated. At least in this league. This is has nothing to do with sore losery. This is clearly about not accepting a cheap playing style--especially when there are players in this league who do not do this--L.A., Toronto, and myself to name a few.

I refuse to simply accept the premise that because others want to score cheap goals, everyone should. No. Not happening. I have not allowed my power to dictate the nature of this league as I think we have a good group of people (I wish a tad more active) but nonetheless a good group. Thus, I try to keep the many happy and allow things to be fair. Well, I am using my power here. I will not allow exploited goals to occur. I will clearly explain what I mean, so everyone will not be confused.

There are some simple rules, which will be laid out. First, what constitutes a 'cheap/glitch' goal? Well this is not a hard thing to think about. How are the majority of real life goals scored? Point Shots. Deflections. Rebounds. Wrist shot in the slot. Cross crease goals. One Timers (These are not cheap, they happen all the time). These are goals that are acceptable (of course there are garbage goals, even the refs will call them no calls, but then go up stairs and change it). Nonetheless, it still happens. So these following goals are allowed, and acceptable.

So what is cheap? Well...I mentioned this earlier: if you score the same goal 4 or 5 times in a game, say, wrap around top shelf goal, or by just having a guy sit in the crease, wait for a pass in front of the goalie, then backhand sweep that baby through the five-hole...that...that is cheap. Why? Because A) it never happens in real life, B) the goalie never, and can never stop it. You might as well pull the goalie and get a 6th player, lol. If the goalie cannot stop it, never. Then there is a problem. It is unfair because you know it's going in everytime. Why are one timers not cheap? Because they don't always go in. The goalie will often glove it, pad it or stick it away, making a huge save.

Secondly, breakaways, this is not as big of a deal because I understand it is a breakaway, but it is very irritating when you do the same move over and over again. Say...backhand low blocker side on a goalie. Why is it annoying? Because again the goalie cannot stop it...he's glitched...you better hope the guy hits the post because it's going in. That is not fun. And the answer is not to do it back to the player. It runs of the score and makes it a football game rather than a hockey game. No. The answer is stop doing it. You know you're doing it when you do it. You know what goals are exploiting.

Whoever plays against me, watch how I play. I take a lot of point shots, I cycle the puck, I try and get cross crease passes. I will take wrist shots in the slot, but not all the time. I always try and get rebound goals, or deflection goals (why cause it's how real goals are scored) it makes the game more competitive and authentic. I would hope others wish to share a similar experience. It's nothing about play style, it has nothing to do with being unfair. If I can purposely avoid cheap goals, or at least not scoring 2 or 3 cheap goals in a game, then everyone certainly can.

This is not a rule, by the way. I will treat it just as I do inactive players. If you get a complaint, (not just a sore loser complaint) but a well-explained complaint then I will warn the other player. If it continues, especially if it is mentioned by another player who plays the same person...then I will remove them. Also, if people do not like this rule, they can leave. It's harsh, and strict but this is my seriousness about this issue and how unfair and unfun it is to have someone score cheap goals and win a game because of it. Please stop it and play with some integrity. Moreover, the argument that you have to get better with defense is no argument. The goalies suck in this game. Defense is questionable because all we can do is block shots, try and hit, which is not always effective, or poke check, which works 1/3 of the time. The other 2/3 is either penalty or completely misses the puck.

One final rule point. People leaving during games. Better put, lag outs. EA servers suck and I do not think people are intentionally leaving. Now this is an annoying feature. Esp, for the winning team. Many want the game to continue with the already score in the game. This is certainly the fairest way, although for some reason Team Management never works so one cannot pull their goalie. However, I think this rule will only apply for the third period for now on. I will not fully commit to this rule. Therefore, if any game drops before the 3rd period, regardless of score it is a new game. If it is in the 3rd period and it drops, the scores will be the same, starting the game. So just let the players score some how until the scores are the same. I am sure this will cause more harm than good, but we will try it out.

The important point here is that I want you to avoid the easy goals. I want you to cycle the puck, have point shots, etc. I mean there are some of you that will not dump the puck when you are on the PK, you just carry it up try to swift around the defense and score (usually cheaply), I laugh every time I see this. Like really? I guess you all missed Game 5 this year Canucks and Kings. Go ask Hammy what happens when you don't dump the puck.

You get my point. It's a PK you should be dumping it. Just try and treat it more like a real game rather than a glitch fest. It's not fun. If others want to accept it fine. Play someone get glitched and lose. If you don't want to tell me that is your choice. BUT I WARN ALL WHO PLAYS ME. If you glitch me, you're warned. Second time, you're removed for the rest of whatever it is playoffs, season...

And it is nothing to do with being a sore loser, look at my record...haha I have taken a lot of loses and I have loss some close games...I remember the last game against LA I lost 1-0 it was a great game. His one goal was legit too. Never complained once. I played Minny Game 1 of the playoffs I won 3-2....that game was fine. I scored a 2-1 cross ice pass, a rebound, and a wrist shot in the slot. He scored a wrist shot as well and I believe a short side shot that snuck through. All 5 goals legit. There was a lot of hitting and it was a tense close game. Goes both ways, win and lose legit. You want to know the easy glitching games...when you see 7-1, 5-0 etc lol. You know the winner had some cheap ones. I never scored more than 6 goals all season (am I just a bad player?) Maybe. But I say it's more reasonable to say I just don't glitch goals.

That is all.

Archived