The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Updated: BCNU cozying up to BC Liars urging them to sign nursing bill (bill 18)

J529

You and others posting in here seem to think Christy and his Government can do no wrong. If the big bad NDP takes power, omg it's the return of the 90's.

Same with the media. They give the Liberals 15 minutes of coverage and NDP about 2 minutes worth.

I have consistently said that the BC Liberals, in this current state, are an awful choice. I dare you to go through my posts and pull out something where I have validated this current Liberal government in any way. Of course, you can go on about your pro-NDP rhetoric though - you ain't fooling anyone.

The very arguments that you are presenting against the BC Liberals, you are not applying for your beloved NDP. It has nothing to do with you voting the NDP per se, but like I said before, your reasoning for choosing the NDP is pure sheep mentality with no substance. I'm starting to think that you are an NDP plant, not that I care. I think you're helping to devaluate the NDP - more power to you then. They aren't great of a choice, especially if you have no platform this upcoming election.

People like you are why we consistently choose bad parties because we don't have 'any other choice'. When can we see the BC Liberals and the NDP fighting hard to get our votes? Two scandal-ridden parties vying to be a better choice? Pffft.

You do realize that if NDP takes power and forms Goverment, they could do away with this Bill as payback for BCNU raiding HEU. As I said before, why do you think BCNU was getting all friendly with the Liberals to get this through before the election. They know and fear the NDP wouldn't do it. No doubt majority of BCNU members will vote Liberal for this little goody. I hope NDP if takes power, they remove Bill 18 and stick to the BCNU.

It would not surprise me to see.

As I have said I expect the NDP to govern as labour puppets and trample upon rights such as the right to freedom of association which has been lawfully exercised by the LPNs.

Mind you the courts might have something to say about that.

A Liberal supporter admitting they're awful choice in their current state. Despite that, do you believe they should be re-elected as they would be the lesser of two evils? The one you know as some right-wingers have said, as opposed to the NDP, who is like a bad movie you don't want to see a second time (90's NDP) Despite the NDP being 20 pts. ahead of the Liberals in the polls, it really can go either way. NDP could wipe the Liberals out or it's alot closer then the polls, media and everyone predicted.

NDP Plant? Umm. No. I'm not. Not associated or belong to any party. There are other choices in Tories and Greens, but honestly they aren't winning any seats. Greens always say come election time beit Provincial or Federal, how they're going to break through this time, win some seats and they ended up winning none. Granted, they actually did win a seat in the last Federal election. People like me are responsible for picking bad parties? Give your head a shake. How about people like you that have kept the Liberals in power for 12 years. I don't know who you support Federally, but the dumb people in this country made a huge mistake in giving Harper and Tories a majority. At least when they only had a minority, they couldn't get away with the crap they're doing now. They're selling the country off.

You presume wrong. The story was of alot of interest to me, actually. Once again HEU is targeted. People using reason/excuse that HEU was too weak of a union, etc. Doesn't change the fact BCNU raided HEU. Plain and simple. There's an unwritten union code and one union raiding another is a no no. BCNU deserved to be blacklisted by the NDP, BC Fed of Labour and all the blacklash they get.

It was the BC Liberals through Bill 29 that started this mess and pitting union against union. Gordo is laughing hard at his hand well played.

However to correct you - the evidence clearly indicates that it was the BC Liberals that trampled on rights such as freedom of association - Bill 29 settlement was 85 Million dollars.

So we know that the BC Liberals have trampled on those rights

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ealreached.html

Other than the NDP not cheering the raid what is your reliable source that this would occur under the NDP goverment? I mean we know that only right wing parties who also support "right to work" support raiding of unions ...So it should be no supprise that they don't support it - but if I am correct the unions being raided appealled the raid but never challenged the final vote - It's over folks - Lpn's have moved unions and it is a dead issue.

You do realize that if NDP takes power and forms Goverment, they could do away with this Bill as payback for BCNU raiding HEU. As I said before, why do you think BCNU was getting all friendly with the Liberals to get this through before the election. They know and fear the NDP wouldn't do it. No doubt majority of BCNU members will vote Liberal for this little goody. I hope NDP if takes power, they remove Bill 18 and stick to the BCNU.

It was the BC Liberals through Bill 29 that started this mess and pitting union against union. Gordo is laughing hard at his hand well played.

However to correct you - the evidence clearly indicates that it was the BC Liberals that trampled on rights such as freedom of association - Bill 29 settlement was 85 Million dollars.

So we know that the BC Liberals have trampled on those rights

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ealreached.html

Other than the NDP not cheering the raid what is your reliable source that this would occur under the NDP goverment? I mean we know that only right wing parties who also support "right to work" support raiding of unions ...So it should be no supprise that they don't support it - but if I am correct the unions being raided appealled the raid but never challenged the final vote - It's over folks - Lpn's have moved unions and it is a dead issue.

Not that I am lover of putting in a charter based challenge on things but wouldn't this be a severe limitation of their rights of free association?

Mind you, even if they won the court case, and the NDP fought against them doing it, I would support all nurses going on wildcat strike until they backed down on their over the top 1930s style union strong arming where the union itself seems to matter more than the union members.

Archived