The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQF: (1) Chicago Blackhawks (8) vs Minnesota Wild

Who will win the Series?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is such a misguided line of thinking. The wild were done because they couldn't play with the hawks. The refs had nothing to do with it. The hawks were the least penalized team in the league this year. Have been consistently for the last three years. It shouldn't shock anyone they don't get many power plays against the hawks. The hawks simply don't take many penalties no matter what the crew looks like. Blaming the referees shows a lack of intelligence as a fan. If it was blatant and out of line nobody would watch and integrity of the game would have been thrown out the window long ago.

That's true, the Hawks play a puck possession game and it's hard to take penalties when you've got the puck for the majority of time. The other team is usually chasing. I believe that the Hawks actually had more penalties than the Wild in the series. (I could be wrong)

The Wild had more PP opportunities, but it wasn't like either team had a lot. What's impressive though is that the Blackhawks did not allow a power play goal against the entire series and they scored 1 short handed goal (Frolik).

I have to wonder if that was because of the Hawks PK or the Wild's lack of PP... probably both :P

anyways, the Wild met their goal this season (making the playoffs) and were a post away from having a 2-1 lead on Chicago after 3 games (which would've meant last night the Hawks would be up 3-2 in the series.) So I'll take it as a successful season considering all the adversity of this season and postseason. Next year should be interesting to see how they look (a full training camp would have helped Suter not start off so slow as he got settled in for example.) Not to mention the room we'll clear once we let PMB walk, if Heatley gets bought out, if Backstrom is re-signed or not (just those 3 things could clear $10+ million from the cap.)

You're probably right that it's both, but I'll give a bit more credit to the Hawks PK (no home bias here at all). Our PK was solid in the regular season so we know it can be very good. Also, holding a team to 0 PP goals is impressive, in a 5 game series you'd expect at least 1-2 PP goals.

Is this considered a terrible season for the Wild after spending so much on Suter and Parise? Or is this like the first year when Bosh and James went to Miami, even superstars need time to gel?

Archived