The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor McDavid

The people who are questioning this kid have probably never seen him play.

These are highlights from the U-18 tournament. Let me repeat that. U-18 TOURNAMENT. He's playing against draft eligible players. He had just turned 16 here.

Any you know he just did stuff like

this

as a 15 year old

in the OHL.

Come 2015 it's anybodies game, As to hazard a guess, and this is really a very loose guess, I can see Washington, New Jersey, Calgary, Phoenix(or hopefully Quebec Nordiques by then) as being likely to be bottom of the league and have a good percentage of winning the lotto.  However, anything could happen, NJ could see a break put in there current group of prospects pushing them up, Washington might be able to piece together a cup contendor with some key moves, Calgary could hit it hot at this draft an '14 and be back in playoff contention, who knows.  I guess by about January 2015 we wil

Have a good idea of who the teams are that will have a shot at him.

Predidction Quebec gets the first and McDavid refuses to report and demands a trade. McDavid then gets traded to the Avs for MacKinnon, Duchenne and E. Johnson. McDavid becomes a very good player but suffers from concussion issues while MacKinnon goes on to become one the best two way forwards in the game. Anyone else see history repeating itself here?

Archived