The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

right team - wrong coach

whytelight

Just now, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

He also said the right team. Which means a team that could have gone far in the playoff's. We were certainly not that team.

Non-Playoff team with Torts Playoff team minus Torts. Also I mentioned the Rangers example including Torts too Finals minus Torts disappointment with Torts. 

My post was in reference to Torterella in general and not so much about the Canucks. 

Implying in the NHL now that Torts is not the right coach. Both teams saw much improvement after replacing Torterella 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Non-Playoff team with Torts Playoff team minus Torts. Also I mentioned the Rangers example including Torts too Finals minus Torts disappointment with Torts. 

My post was in reference to Torterella in general and not so much about the Canucks. 

Implying in the NHL now that Torts is not the right coach. Both teams saw much improvement after replacing Torterella 

Still not the right team. Which is what this thread is about. All the other teams listed were contenders. We are not or were not a Contender. Are we a playoff team this year? With out torts? More than likely not!

3 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Still not the right team. Which is what this thread is about. All the other teams listed were contenders. We are not or were not a Contender. Are we a playoff team this year? With out torts? More than likely not!

I was talking about last season and the season before and still you're completely ignoring the Rangers team I've mentioned re:Torterella. 

2nd in division from sorry 12th in the conference with the same team is a massive jump. 

As for this season, long term injuries to Sbisa, Hamhuis and Sutter have held the team back. Paired with the team transitioning more to youth than ever in the last 15 years the results are to be expected. 

But you keep bringing up this season and I'm not talking about this season. I'm referring to two teams that replaced Torterella and saw major jumps in success the following season.

Argue until your blue in the face about the Canucks not being a cup contender and the OP's post what I am referring to is jumping from 10th in the conference and 83 points to 2nd in the division and 101 points is a huge jump with basically a coaching change and a few roster moves.

You're also conveniently completely ignoring the Rangers example I have also presented.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I was talking about last season and the season before and still you're completely ignoring the Rangers team I've mentioned re:Torterella. 

2nd in division from sorry 12th in the conference with the same team is a massive jump. 

As for this season, long term injuries to Sbisa, Hamhuis and Sutter have held the team back. Paired with the team transitioning more to youth than ever in the last 15 years the results are to be expected. 

But you keep bringing up this season and I'm not talking about this season. I'm referring to two teams that replaced Torterella and saw major jumps in success the following season.

Argue until your blue in the face about the Canucks not being a cup contender and the OP's post what I am referring to is jumping from 10th in the conference and 83 points to 2nd in the division and 101 points is a huge jump with basically a coaching change and a few roster moves.

You're also conveniently completely ignoring the Rangers example I have also presented.

Where are we this year? :D Right where we belong.  You are right about the Rangers. But wrong about the Canucks. We havn't been good since 2012.

Just now, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Where are we this year? :D Right where we belong. 

I won't necessarily argue that but that literally had nothing to do with the posts I have made regarding Torterella. 

The team Willie took over was on its last kick at the playoff can. Which leads us to where we are now. 

My point is and always has been until he adjusts his style to suit the current NHL style Torterella is not a good fit anywhere. Columbus unfortunately like us is learning that the hard way. 

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I won't necessarily argue that but that literally had nothing to do with the posts I have made regarding Torterella. 

The team Willie took over was on its last kick at the playoff can. Which leads us to where we are now. 

My point is and always has been until he adjusts his style to suit the current NHL style Torterella is not a good fit anywhere. Columbus unfortunately like us is learning that the hard way. 

You should try harder to stick to the OP. You always go off with other random $&!# to support your random arguments. That's why I choose to ignore what you say, its always off topic.

2 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

You should try harder to stick to the OP. You always go off with other random $&!# to support your random arguments. That's why I choose to ignore what you say, its always off topic.

That's why I added the part about the Rangers to my point as well as that was another Torterella example. A point you have still yet to acknowledge so stick to the topic at hand and discuss AV vs. Torterella in NY. 

I've referenced it in nearly every post and you have not referred to it once. Speaking of going off topic. You focus so much on one miniscule point and continually ignore the whole post...

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

That's why I added the part about the Rangers to my point as well as that was another Torterella example. A point you have still yet to acknowledge so stick to the topic at hand and discuss AV vs. Torterella in NY. 

I told you, You were right about the Rangers, but not the Canucks. We all know Torts sucks. 

2 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

I told you, You were right about the Rangers, but not the Canucks. We all know Torts sucks. 

Yet you've continually posted regarding the Canucks which did also imporve post Torterella.

Again I spell it out for you my post was referring to Torterella being the wrong coach more than once in the last 5 years. Providing two examples of teams that improved greatly after replacing him. 

But continue with your redundant crusade. 

Archived