The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Trades + Signing

On July 22, 2016 at 7:52 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Here is my fear. Do you remember  Vrbata's career year, then the fall off the cliff trick? Well my fear is that Hansen regressed a tad. Erickson will be on the 1st line, which means that Hansen's production falls off a little....I love the player, but if we trade him, nows the time to do it.

regardless hansen play will still be decent hes not 34 hes 29  you get larger pffers at deadline some one will overpay hopefully  first rounder plus a decent other asset (grade a- / b prospect please) 

If we can't build our top 6, then build the bottom 6. A player I would be keen on is Antoine Roussel of the Dallas Stars. Every time we play Dallas, I envy seeing this type of player play against us. He forechecks hard, creates turnovers, and more often than not spends quality shifts in the offensive zone (although I don't know whether it's their offense or our passive defense, likely a combination). Roussel reminds me of a younger Alex Burrows, a guy who plays with tenacity and always has a jump in his step in every shift. Also, he follows in his footsteps with being one one the most hated/irritating players in the league, with the same underdog mentality of being undrafted. He has two years remaining on his contract with $2 million AAV. His point totals have been consistent the past three years with 29,25,29 points through 2013-2016. Just last year he registered a career high of 6 GWG. The total game winners we got from our bottom six altogether was 6. I think the 26 year old would definitely be an upgrade over Dorsett. 

As an added bonus, he's also developing into a Chicago killer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuFXcSxgfvk

Story 1.png

Archived