The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arizona-Van (Proposal)

I don't think we try a quick fix and try and get an unproven player someone else is ok on giving up....stay steady and add picks and draft well, basically the time to trade our picks is when we have a full cupboard, like Arizona.....we are not there... let's try getting that 7th pick and their 34, then play the season and then take our 2018 picks and then see where we are....I think we need patience......

While I agree being patience is important in certain situations, Jim Benning pulled Baertcshi and Granlund out of Calgary and has revived their careers. Both are top 6 players now and in a year or two could net a first rounder.

Good teams like Chicago know how to continuously flip players and build talent year after year. The oilers for 10 years thought their patience would pay off and it didn't. It took a GM willing to make a splash and a generational player to change them. 

If Arizona would be interested in Tanev I would propose:

To Arizona:

Tanev + Baertschi + CBJ 2nd

To Vancouver:

Dylan Strome + 7 Overall

Arizona would get a RHD Dmen in Tanev and a depth winger in Baertschi. Tanev brings experience & leadership to the D core.

Vancouver could focus on offense in the first round: (and hope Strome could be our future 1st line C)

Take Elias Pettersson (LW) at 5 because he is a sniper and played with Jonathan Dahlen in Sweden last year and both are very promising.

Take Owen Tippett (RW) at 7, another sniper on the wing who could create tremendous offense and brings some grit to our lineup 6'2'' / 203lbs

In the 2nd, 3rd & 4th round we could add assets to our D.

I assume we stay a little longer at the bottom of the league so we could hope for a generational Dmen at the 2018 Draft : Rasmus Dahlin, Jared McIsaac, Evan Bouchard,.. 

Future Top 9:

Pettersson   Strome     Tippett

Dahlen         Horvat      Boeser

Goldobin      Gaudette  Virtanen

Thoughts?

20 hours ago, scheif16 said:

If Arizona would be interested in Tanev I would propose:

To Arizona:

Tanev + Baertschi + CBJ 2nd

To Vancouver:

Dylan Strome + 7 Overall

Arizona would get a RHD Dmen in Tanev and a depth winger in Baertschi. Tanev brings experience & leadership to the D core.

Vancouver could focus on offense in the first round: (and hope Strome could be our future 1st line C)

Take Elias Pettersson (LW) at 5 because he is a sniper and played with Jonathan Dahlen in Sweden last year and both are very promising.

Take Owen Tippett (RW) at 7, another sniper on the wing who could create tremendous offense and brings some grit to our lineup 6'2'' / 203lbs

In the 2nd, 3rd & 4th round we could add assets to our D.

I assume we stay a little longer at the bottom of the league so we could hope for a generational Dmen at the 2018 Draft : Rasmus Dahlin, Jared McIsaac, Evan Bouchard,.. 

Future Top 9:

Pettersson   Strome     Tippett

Dahlen         Horvat      Boeser

Goldobin      Gaudette  Virtanen

Thoughts?

I don't think the canucks take two wingers at 5 and 7. I can't see them passing up liljgren and makar. I also think they'd still take vilardi or glass who can both play wing as well as center in case Strome doesn't live up to his potential. There's just too much depth at wing currently in the organisation for Benning to do that and not enough elite talent down the middle or in our defensemen. 

I think more realistically and with what's will be available at 5th it's either Glass or Mittlestadt and at 7 Makar or Liljegren . Just my opinion if the trade goes through which is unlikely considering Stromes potential.

2 hours ago, Jav_11 said:

I don't think the canucks take two wingers at 5 and 7. I can't see them passing up liljgren and makar. I also think they'd still take vilardi or glass who can both play wing as well as center in case Strome doesn't live up to his potential. There's just too much depth at wing currently in the organisation for Benning to do that and not enough elite talent down the middle or in our defensemen. 

I think more realistically and with what's will be available at 5th it's either Glass or Mittlestadt and at 7 Makar or Liljegren . Just my opinion if the trade goes through which is unlikely considering Stromes potential.

I would also be very happy if we walk away with one of Glass/Mittelstadt and Makar/Heiskanen/Liljegren. That would help our rebuild.

Arizona has very promising C's with Strome & Keller - hope we have something like this soon. If they are willing to move one for a D, I would definately make an offer for either of them.

Archived