The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Say something about the Member above you

AV.

Might be happy to know I've decided to take on his challenge, though with slightly altered rules. Playing on Firered, I will play through the game using three Metapods and three Magikarps. I will try to complete as much of it as I can. I won't use any other Pokemon, aside from when I need an HM slave (and I may not use the HM slaves at all in battle), or at the start of the game when I still need to catch Caterpie. He will also be disappointed to know that I can't upload a video either.

Still haven't started quite yet. Any suggestions before I do (anything from additional challenges, to strategies, changes to what I've already decided... Even nicknames :P )?

Guest gumballthechewy

Should know that I'll take his word on it, and I wish him luck!

Can't think of anything, Tylenol maybe? Ha ha!

I got some Magikarp nickname ideas: Grond the Destroyer (I don't know if that will fit), Fin, Prakigam, Hercules, The Hulk, Phantasmo the Magnificent (I know that one won't fit)

Maybe not three Magikarp and three Metapod but six various weak pokemon like: Magikarp & Metapod yes, plus Abra (just Abra (I guess you could teach him TM's)), Ditto, Bellsprout, Rattata, Poke's like that. Just because I don't think you deserve to be punished quite that badly! :)

Has given me some ideas, and I thank him for it.

Called my first Metapod "Tylenol." ;) I think I'll shorten Grond the Destroyed to Grond so it'll fit and call my first Magikarp that... Might call the Pokemon I decide to lead with "Leeroy." :P I also like Fin a lot, can never have too many things Canuck-related.

I might change it to 2 Magikarps, 2 Metapods, and 2 Kakunas so I can get some help with poison sting... Might end up being too easy as I could poison and tank it, though. :mellow: If I get a Rattata, once it learns Hyper Fang I'd probably start relying on it to win all the battles. Same sort of thing could happen if I get some Bellsprouts. Ditto might be cool, I've never managed to use one much. Also, can Abra learn TMs? I always assumed they couldn't.

And should I allow myself to use items?

Guest gumballthechewy

Should defenatly use items! Otherwise it would be suicide, ha ha!

Yeah, maybe two Magikarp, two Metapod, two Kakuna (although like you said...) and maybe two Ditto?

I've never used Ditto either (other than as a day care whore), maybe I should try this with an all Ditto team?...

"Leeroy", I like that!

I've taught Abra TM's, specificly Psychic and Calm Mind.

A great place for Poké-info is "Bulbapedia", by the way.

Archived