The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reasons Why This Team Has Fallen So Much Since 2011

Ronalds.Kenins41

The best part about Salo was they could have signed him at avery reasonable cost for a 2 year contract and allow Tanev to come along and take his place. Rather than release Salo pay double the money to Garrison for a loooong term contract and then complain they don't have Cap Space to sign a top 6 forward. Cap management has been the primary reason for the Vcr slump. Terrible IMO mismanagement of Cap/Roster....to many clones and not enough difference makers

How? Please explain.

I don't think it's that the Canucks have fallen so much since 2011, so much as other teams have gotten a lot better. Better in terms of adding to their team every year, and better at defending against the Canucks attack.

Blackhawks have improved (ie: Bickell, Saad, Leddy, Oduya, Versteeg). Minnesota has improved (Parise, Suter, Pominville, El Nino). Los Angeles has improved (Richards, Carter).

The Canucks have not done a whole lot in terms of improving. They are still good, but they have more tinkered the lineup then anything:

- Salo out = Garrison in

- Ehrhoff out

- Malhotra out = Richardson in

- Torres out = Kassian in

- Ballard out = Stanton in

- Schneider out = prospect in

Don't get me wrong, the players that have replaced the others are good, and I like them all. But they aren't really a vast improvement in terms of the Canucks from 2011. If they are worse then 2011, it is only slightly. Other teams have just improved a lot over that time.

I don't think it's that the Canucks have fallen so much since 2011, so much as other teams have gotten a lot better. Better in terms of adding to their team every year, and better at defending against the Canucks attack.

Blackhawks have improved (ie: Bickell, Saad, Leddy, Oduya, Versteeg). Minnesota has improved (Parise, Suter, Pominville, El Nino). Los Angeles has improved (Richards, Carter).

The Canucks have not done a whole lot in terms of improving. They are still good, but they have more tinkered the lineup then anything:

- Salo out = Garrison in

- Ehrhoff out

- Malhotra out = Richardson in

- Torres out = Kassian in

- Ballard out = Stanton in

- Schneider out = prospect in

Don't get me wrong, the players that have replaced the others are good, and I like them all. But they aren't really a vast improvement in terms of the Canucks from 2011. If they are worse then 2011, it is only slightly. Other teams have just improved a lot over that time.

Yup point number four is the main reason for lowered dominance.

We wouldn't miss Salo if Edler and Garry could hit the damn net, nothing but dents in the back boards and forwards shin guards. When the do get pucks through, it's usually a wrister or half clapper. Nothing like the nut craclker.

MG said he replaced Salo with Weber here(4:00) lol that totally failed.

Archived