The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Big Changes This Off-Season (Core Stays)

Only problem garrison and hamhuis are our best dmen other than bieska and tanev plus they signed deals cheaper to play in their home province plus they have no trade clauses so your propsal wont happen. Gardiner is overrated and has done nothing so far in nhl hes a bust as far as ive seen has he even got 40 points iin his career? Bogosian is made of glass for being so young hes injured more than salo ever was no thanks. As for foligno i would def trade him for higgins but jets def wouldnt As for del zotto theyd want a 2nd rounder and jensen for him so all your proposals wont happen. Hope your living in alternate universe works out well for you. Say hi to bizzaro superman for me please :)

Mike Gillis is NOT GM of the Canucks anymore!

It doesn't matter what contract these guys signed because anyone can get traded, and when did I say this will happen? I even said in the OP that I hope deals like this happen, not that these exact deals should occur.

Gardiner is a bust LOL. He is only 23 years old and has only played 2 proper NHL seasons in which he has managed 30 pts and 31 pts respectively.

Yes, Zach Bogosian does get injured but that doesn't mean he's not good. Salo was great with us even though he would get injured a lot. Bogosian is also only 23 and has a lot of room to improve, his injuries aren't a big problem for what he would provide.

Nick Foligno is on the Columbus Blue Jackets. He has 1 year remaing at $3 million then is a UFA at the end of next season. CBJ is going to need some of that cap space to sign some their UFA/RFA who will probably get raises. Higgins would fit their needs as he gives them a good two-way forward kind of like Foligno, but Higgy is cheaper and they get a 2nd round pick from it.

MDZ hasn't even been in the Nashville line up recently, he has a bad year this past season, and is a RFA this offseason. The Predators have to sign guys like Ryan Ellis who could take up a nice size of cap space, he didn't even fit in that well with the Preds. I'm sure something along the lines of Hansen + a 5th round pick actually could work.

Archived