The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Package for the first overall/second overall

Would it be a different story if for example this kid develops into a player like Crosby? And by this assumption, would you pull the trigger for such a franchise player? Cause if we're talking about a hypothetical situation isn't this the type of package you would need to commit to acquire a player with said calibre?

Lindros trade gets 6 players, 2 1st round picks, 15mil

Gretzky trade gets 2 players, 3 1st round picks, 15mil

or to make this more simple, what package would it take to get Crosby(realistically) if he were to become available in his prime

Would it be a different story if for example this kid develops into a player like Crosby? And by this assumption, would you pull the trigger for such a franchise player? Cause if we're talking about a hypothetical situation isn't this the type of package you would need to commit to acquire a player with said calibre?

Lindros trade gets 6 players, 2 1st round picks, 15mil

Gretzky trade gets 2 players, 3 1st round picks, 15mil

or to make this more simple, what package would it take to get Crosby(realistically) if he were to become available in his prime

Please just stop your digging yourself a hole that will become a grave soon if you don't stop.

Also that was before the Cap Era which has driven the price of a superstar up 10X

k let's not say prospect then. lets say crosby in his prime IF he became available, I'm NOT trying to convince anyone that THIS is the package that needs to get done or that we should commit this trade. I just wanna get the realistic opinion of others as to what sort of package, consisting of what parts will be able to get a SUPERstar such as Crosby.

I'm just curious, in a hypothetical situation, what would it take to acquire one of Eichel or Mcdavid? These 2 are the best top 2 prospects in a draft since Ovechkin and Malkin and are both future franchise players, what would it take from our team to even get a team with the top 2 picks to consider a trade with us.

I was thinking of something such as

1st Round Pick in 2015

1st Round Pick in 2016

Eddie Lack

Zack Kassian

Bo Horvat

Christopher Tanev

Linden Vey

Luca Sbisa

for

1st overall

Would you guys be willing to make such a move? Also do you feel this is enough to entice a team to even consider such a deal? I tried to formulate a package similar to what the return was for Eric Lindros

this would leave our prospect pool looking like

Virtanen - Mcdavid - Jensen

Shinkaruk - McCann -

Fox - Cassels - Gaunce

Kenins - Lain - Archibald

Corrado - Tommernes

Cederholm - Tryamkin

Subban - Hutton

Demko

Eriksson/Markstrom

***again not suggesting we should do such a thing and overpay for a 1st overall pick, just curious as to what it would take.

What are you smoking??? Why not trade the whole team while your at it?

Archived