Current pacific standings:

Ducks 61GP 83PTS

Canucks 60GP 73PTS

Kings 59GP 70PTS

Flames 61GP 70PTS

Sharks 61GP 68PTS

BLAH

BLAH

Now with the top 3 teams in each division making the playoffs we only have the flames and sharks to worry about. To me it will be easier to get top 3 in the division than battle for one of the 2 wild card slots.

Teams to beat to get top 3 in division:

FLAMES-61GP 70PTS (+1GP+3PTS)

SHARKS-61GP 68PTS (+1GP+5PTS)

Now we are in a 21 game season with these 2 teams for the playoffs. We get extra game and also have a 3&5 point advantage. I never looked at teams schedules but out march schedule has a lot of home games. We are so far not playing well at rogers arena. However, its time to battle for playoffs. I believe pacific division ends like this. Also going to try and predict points. EXLD: EDM-ARI.

DUCKS- 109PTS

KINGS- 101PTS

CANUCKS-100PTS

FLAMES- 98PTS

SHARKS- 93PTS

If this played out like i think it will we would end up playing the most dangerous playoff team. Now if we were to win that series somehow then other teams better watch out. The confidence for this team would be through the roof. If i was a betting man i would take Kings in 5-6 games. It would be a very tough series but anything can happen right?

Now, teams to look out for if we need a wildcard spot:

JETS

FLAMES

WILD

SHARKS

DALLAS- may hit a hot streak

Do i have to explain which is easier?

We shouldnt have to worry about the wildcard. We have the Flames and Sharks right where we want them. Barring a very bad collapse we should have this no problem.

Do you think we are going to make the playoffs?

Archived