The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Re-Structuring Schedules

This is just a random thought and purely discussion

First I realize that every arena has to juggle a lot of schedules which could make this not a viable option

And I am a fan that every team does play each other at least once in the year, instead of going extended periods of time never playing each other. That would not be possible with this idea though.

Instead of playing a team once and moving on, Than playing again months later. What if each team would play each other 3-4 times in a row.

I noticed the Victoria Royals will occasionally have their schedule like this. I believe it makes for very exciting games. Almost playoffish at times.

By the end of the 3-4 game stretch, the teams hate each other and play quite hard. Maybe we would see new rivalries start up or many mini ones through out the year instead. If you get blown out 6-0 and have to play the same team a day or 2 later. You will remember.

Would also help on cutting down on large traveling schedules day after day and maybe more refreshed teams for each game.

Thoughts on the idea?

2 hours ago, Whale Tail said:

If a team had a heated 3-4 game match up and than ended up facing each other in the playoffs would it be less exciting? Or would they jump right into it?

also -  Devon Jade is gorgeous. Awesome Sig.

Thanks for noticing my beauty! :)

I'm talking about the fans, regardless of how their regular season schedule was, the players will jump right into it during the playoffs. Having multiple game series during the season would make the playoffs less special for us because we would be so used to watching multiple game series' during the season.

I'm honestly torn because it's not something we've seen before in the NHL so we don't really know how it would work out. But I think from a fan's perspective, it wouldn't be as exciting and might be too big of a change for the NHL. It may or may not work, I'm not opposed to it. I just don't see it happening soon. 

Although change has proven to help the NHL a lot. Maybe you are onto something here. 

Ha I figured you were just a fan with a sig. Didn't know it was actually you!

I don't see it happening anytime soon as well and I understand the side you are coming from.

On another note though, I have also been to some very low passion games where the team effort didn't seem to be there. Maybe this would address that issue a little more.
NHL would have to the power to match some very exciting teams as well. Montreal vs Boston. Canucks vs Chicago etc.

Archived