The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox 360 Thread

Venage

why are you ppl arguing over hd-dvd/blu-ray ... both of these formats aren't gonna be relevant for at least the next 3 or so years .. DVDs will continue their dominance and hd-dvd/blu-ray will come into the picture once the majority of users have hi-def TVs ... and by then both sony & microsoft will have new consoles which will incorporate whatever format wins ...

microsoft made a smart choice sticking with DVD and keeping the cost of their console lower ...

why are you ppl arguing over hd-dvd/blu-ray ... both of these formats aren't gonna be relevant for at least the next 3 or so years .. DVDs will continue their dominance and hd-dvd/blu-ray will come into the picture once the majority of users have hi-def TVs ... and by then both sony & microsoft will have new consoles which will incorporate whatever format wins ...

microsoft made a smart choice sticking with DVD and keeping the cost of their console lower ...

dman i dont wanna lost all my achievements.. anyways how do you pay for xb0x360 LIVE?

It's MUCH cheaper to buy it from a plac like future shop.

It's $79us a year, but right now future shop has a package. 1 year gold membership, an extra headset, xbox live arcade game, and $25 off mail in rebate for another game., and that costs $69.

Just bought the 360 elite, so my library is still small/

Own-

Madden 08

Transformers

Want-

Bioshock

Halo 3

NHL 08

For those who have Dead rising....

Is it good, it looks good on the comercials, or is it just a waste of money, gimicky game ?

you really think sony is gonna screw around with microsoft on purpose ?? if they tried that, microsoft could do similar thing with their Windows OS to cripple support for sony products ... but none of this will happen ...

if blu-ray does end up winning, sony would obviously want to license their technology to as many people as possible, even competitors ..

but i think what will end up happening is that we'll see dual format players (they're already out, but i mean affordable ones) because there are a couple of large movie studios that have exclusive contracts with hd-dvd ...

Just bought the 360 elite, so my library is still small/

Own-

Madden 08

Transformers

Want-

Bioshock

Halo 3

NHL 08

For those who have Dead rising....

Is it good? it looks good on the comercials, or is it just a waste of money, gimicky game ?

Archived