The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox 360 Thread

Venage

Ah fck!!! I can't get on live at all it says my network adapter is dissconected the light is ethier off or red and it still says that! It even doesnt show my connected controllers on the light ring on the console

Help would be great right now! :(

"Another feature is the ability to install an entire game disc onto the Xbox 360's hard drive, which will decrease loading times. The disc for the installed game must still be present in the drive for verification."

So I can install say Halo 3, go trade it in/sell it, and then can get another game disc (buy a cheaper one/rent/borrow from friend) in the future if I ever decide to play it again and it'll work? Some how I doubt this. :blink:

Canada left out of Xbox's 'new experience'

David Wylie , Canwest News Service

Published: Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When millions of Xbox 360 users connect to the Internet Wednesday they'll have the option to give their consoles an extreme makeover.

Microsoft has branded it the "new experience.'' Unfortunately, the full experience will only be available in the U.S. In Canada, gamers will have to settle for a sleek redesign.

The new look affects mainly the console's dashboard menu - which is the portal into loading games, chatting with friends and changing settings. The former text-heavy look has been overhauled in favour of a much more visual presentation of the menu options. Still, the new menu system feels comfortable and true to its predecessor.

Xbox has also taken a page from Nintendo's playbook, adding realistic avatars that can be customized to look like the player - or, as has been popular on Nintendo's Wii, modelled to resemble famous characters, such as Batman, Darth Vader or Michael Jackson.

Players will also be able to organize "parties'' where they can invite other people, represented by their created character, to chat and view photos that are stored on the console.

And it seems Microsoft is reaching out for the larger demographic - captured by Nintendo - by pushing the console as an entertainment hub, rather than just a video game device.

"With the New Xbox Experience, we will reach the next generation of Xbox owners, 25 million and beyond,'' said Don Mattrick, senior vice president for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft Corp., in a news release.

It's a big improvement, but Canadians won't be getting the crown jewel of the update: access to Netflix, which American Xbox owners can use to instantly watch more than 12,000 feature films and television shows.

"The New Xbox Experience offers more online entertainment from one remote than you can find from any device that connects to the television,'' Xbox says in a news release, adding it offers "more video on demand content than any U.S. cable provider.''

There are no plans to extend Netflix to Canada.

Still, films are available for rent or purchase through the entertainment console. And Canada will be getting feature films from Magnolia Pictures, known best for films such as The World's Fastest Indian, The Host, Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room and Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior.

In the future, Xbox has promised to deliver a much-talked about feature called Primetime, which "for the first time in video game history,'' says Microsoft, allows people to play game shows through Xbox Live "with real hosts, fresh content and prizes just like the games seen on TV.''

As a celebration for the new release of the much-anticipated update, Xbox is giving away this week more than one million Microsoft Points - which is the currency used to buy online games, add-ons and movies - worth about $16,000 Cdn.

http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/ga....html?id=969977

Apparently it's just netflix so no biggie.

Archived