The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox 360 Thread

Venage

I own a Wii and view it as more of an additional console than a primary one. If you want to play games I would recomend getting a 360 or even a PS3 over a Wii. Wii's are fun when in groups or when hanging out with your friends who really aren't into games. However, when you are by yourself I can guarantee you, you wont be playing it very often.

Are you serious? The Wii is a good system with good games for kids and CASUAL gamers, nothing more, which is why it sells so much. If it had come out 10 years ago, it may have been a good choice as a REAL gaming system, but to say that it compares to 360 or ps3 is pure idiocy.

You call it fanboyism, I call it you not being able to afford anything better than a Wii.

The Wii is not just for casual gamers and kids.

It has kiddie games like Carnival Games, but then it also has Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, House of the Dead, Manhunt 2, Red Steel, Dead Rising is out next year...

Considering how it sells in larger quantities than any other game system, I would say it is comparable to 360/PS3.

Yes, the 360 and PS3 are HD ready consoles with good games. Yes they have better online services.

That doesn't change the fact that the Wii is a good current-gen console.

What about all the games in the 80-90 range? 'B' is still a good grade and games like Lost Winds, Super Paper Mario, Boom Blox and No More Heroes are solid games.

There's also something to be said for point and shoot game... I thought Call of Duty 3 was amazing because i could actually point at the screen to shoot...

I have both systems and I play a lot more of the 360 rite now but the Wii's still fun for certain genre's of games..

Yes, the 360 and PS3 are HD ready consoles with good games. Yes they have better online services.

That doesn't change the fact that the Wii is a good current-gen console.

What about all the games in the 80-90 range? 'B' is still a good grade and games like Lost Winds, Super Paper Mario, Boom Blox and No More Heroes are solid games.

Fallout 3 is a crazy game. The amount of choices you have is mind boggling. I consider myself a gamer and fallout has blown me away. It is almost overwhelming at times. Farcry 2 -rental at blockbuster beat it return it. Fallout 3 -buy this game its gonna last a long time. Just my 2 cents.

And why are people talking about that door stop called the wii in a 360 thread. Man that machine sucks.

Archived