The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playstation 3 Thread

Comfortably_Numb

They look pretty much the same for most games but I noticed a difference in Madden 08. There prob will be a difference with the EA games since they're made for the 360.

Sounds good and I only play sports games and I said eat more ludoos as a joke cause of your location :lol::P

The 360 is definitely getting more RPG's , especially with JRPG's, but it doesn't seem to be working out.(In Japan)

Microsoft wants to break into the Japanese market and this seems to be the best way. That is why they had games like Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata come out. Both games were met with excellent reviews in Famitsu (THE reviewer in Japan) and had awesome first week sales. However, the games then dropped off into oblivion in the following week and sold poorly.(they sold well as far as 360 Japan sales go, but that's not saying much)

Microsoft has a few more JRPG's like Lost Odyssey coming out for 360. If those don't sell well enough either, I could see Microsoft just giving up on making the JRPG's. The North American 360 market on average aren't JRPG's fans. If the games continue to flop in Japan, I expect the development of future titles to cease as well. You could also end up seeing ports of some of these JRPG's to the PS3 to help Companies make more money, since they would sell a lot better on PS3.

I'm sitting here with my PS3 wondering if I should sell it due to lack of games. I've always been a big fan of sports, GTA-style, and racing games. PS3 currently has NOTHING. I here from some that I should sell it "XBox is the way to go....", but some say "Keep your PS3, it'll be worth it!!"

Honest opinions, what would you guys do?

The 360 is definitely getting more RPG's , especially with JRPG's, but it doesn't seem to be working out.(In Japan)

Microsoft wants to break into the Japanese market and this seems to be the best way. That is why they had games like Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata come out. Both games were met with excellent reviews in Famitsu (THE reviewer in Japan) and had awesome first week sales. However, the games then dropped off into oblivion in the following week and sold poorly.(they sold well as far as 360 Japan sales go, but that's not saying much)

Microsoft has a few more JRPG's like Lost Odyssey coming out for 360. If those don't sell well enough either, I could see Microsoft just giving up on making the JRPG's. The North American 360 market on average aren't JRPG's fans,. So if the games continue to flop in Japan, I expect the development to cease as well. Or, you could see ports of this JRPG's to PS3 to help Companies make more money, since they would sell a lot better on PS3.

I'm sitting here with my PS3 wondering if I should sell it due to lack of games. I've always been a big fan of sports, GTA-style, and racing games. PS3 currently has NOTHING. I here from some that I should sell it "XBox is the way to go....", but some say "Keep your PS3, it'll be worth it!!"

If your not a big fan of mgs or ff or gran turismo then why did you buy the ps3 in the first place? I dont think you should sell it cuz in the next 6 months the ps3 is gonna get a shytload of games (mostly exclusive)

Seems like your paying too much attention to what ppl here say. If someone says something like "omg sell your ps3 and get a 360 cuz it owns" You gotta realize that almost everyone that says that stuff is either a fanboy or a clueless idiot who reads one review and then makes a thread about how much a certain system sux. (not gonna mention names.....)

It seems that alot of these new rpg's are just quick money grabs. They all have s***ty battle systems and bad storylines and everything just seems so washed up now. I miss games like Star ocean and stuff cuz those games actually stood out but these new ones like blue dragon just feel so repetitive and the cartoonish graphics dont help either. (or maybe ive played so many rpg's that im too picky?) ;)

What's an mg or ff?? (Im guessing Metal Gear and Final Fantasy).

Really, I haven't paid much attention at all to what people have said on here about PS3 vs XBox. That's why I'm asking. And from what you've said, it makes me want to hang on to it. I also keep hearing about so many XBox's crashing and what not. That would suck.

Games to look forward to:

GTA 4 (whenever the hell they release it)

Guitar Hero 3

Rock Band

All of which will aslo be for teh much cheaper XBox. See my dilemma??

It seems that alot of these new rpg's are just quick money grabs. They all have s***ty battle systems and bad storylines and everything just seems so washed up now. I miss games like Star ocean and stuff cuz those games actually stood out but these new ones like blue dragon just feel so repetitive and the cartoonish graphics dont help either. (or maybe ive played so many rpg's that im too picky?) ;)

didn't you see my post :(

If you're a big GTA Fan (Sandbox Games in general) The PS3 is getting 2 more franchises of that style of game made by Rockstar.

maybe it's just me, but I kind of think people worry about price too much. I just don't think either system is expensive and a difference of $50 - $100 isn't that much of a biggie to me.

Well Star Ocean 4 is being made. As well as a new game in the Kingdom Hearts Universe. They said it won't be KH3, but rather a game in a similar vain using characters that have a connection to the prior games. Dark Cloud 3 is also supposed to be getting made.

It is expected that at Tokyo Game Show in September there will be more info for both SO4 and the new KH games. There is also White Knight Story and The Last Remnant leading the charge of original JRPG games coming out.

I imagine at TGS in a month, we'll get a clearer picture of the RPG situation.

didn't you see my post :(

If you're a big GTA Fan (Sandbox Games in general) The PS3 is getting 2 more franchises of that style of game made by Rockstar.

maybe it's just me, but I kind of think people worry about price too much. I just don't think either system is expensive and a difference of $50 - $100 isn't that much of a biggie to me.

Yah, I read your post. Thanks for the insight. And you're right about price, considering Ibe already paid for it so it shouldn't matter. But those two new franchises sound damn prominsing. Any word on what they will be??

This 2 Days to Vegas looks pretty sick. And there was another video I saw a while back, looked sorta simliar to 2 Days to Vegas. Thought it was called something like "6 Days" or soemthing. The truck stop in Arizona, gunfight.... etc?? Ring a bell to anyone??

And a while back on these forums there was a thread about a game coming out exclusively to the PS3 where it's like a virtual world. You go around and meet your friends and such.... forget what it was called....]

Yah, I read your post. Thanks for the insight. And you're right about price, considering Ibe already paid for it so it shouldn't matter. But those two new franchises sound damn prominsing. Any word on what they will be??

This 2 Days to Vegas looks pretty sick. And there was another video I saw a while back, looked sorta simliar to 2 Days to Vegas. Thought it was called something like "6 Days" or soemthing. The truck stop in Arizona, gunfight.... etc?? Ring a bell to anyone??

And a while back on these forums there was a thread about a game coming out exclusively to the PS3 where it's like a virtual world. You go around and meet your friends and such.... forget what it was called....

Archived