The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prabh Rai Talk

ballsdeepfreeze

this team can't make anybody happy. Yes he hasn't proven anything at all yet. But at the same time everybody on here was saying how Naslund had no confidence and always talked depressed like in interviews and such and he isn't upbeat, and now we sort of have a guy who talks confidence and cockiness (which by the way I like in the player) and he can't win. What makes fans of this team happy?

The best part about this is if any other prospect had 10 goals in 15 WHL games, these boards would be all over him or atleast give him praise.

It's too bad the kid has brown skin, it seems to make all the difference

To be fair, it WAS his first training camp. Do you guys honestly believe if you ever got drafted, and went to your first training camp with the team you idolized growing up, that you would not be nervous?

He's lighting it up kind of like how Grabner did when he was in the WHL, all goals and no assists. Next year will be a bigger indicator of how good of a prospect he is.

And the year before he pretty much put up all assists, so its very hard to get a read on what kind of player it is.

His numbers are very impressive, puts up about 25% of Seattle's goals.

I sure hope he can keep it up and get some league wide recognition.

To be fair, it WAS his first training camp. Do you guys honestly believe if you ever got drafted, and went to your first training camp with the team you idolized growing up, that you would not be nervous?

He's lighting it up kind of like how Grabner did when he was in the WHL, all goals and no assists. Next year will be a bigger indicator of how good of a prospect he is.

i L O L at all you noobs trying to start fights over nothing. this is hockey and we are talking about his skill.....no one even mentioned the fact that he was indian except the retards that apparantly think everyone is racist. get a life and grow up!

he might be a decent player.....with players like him it could go either way fairly easily. hope he does keep it up though.

Hes such a joke though. I remember last training camp when they asked him about what he would bring to the canucks and the nhl and he said he was the complete package, that he could score, fight, skate, do everything well....hahahhaa made me laugh. It's like come on you little female dog, you're not going anywhere at anytime. You will never play for the canucks and is just an arrogant man who I would love to see play in the nhl and get worked over! not to be racist either, but i agree with the whole east-indian bit, as i dont think gms like it as much. Whenever i think of east indian hockey players, i think of arrogance! not being racist as i have nothing against anyone, but thats just my impression from being around the game a lot and having lots of buddies who are east indian. Hes a decent hockey player, but needs to get his head in the game and not let his head get so big. He shouldnt make statements like he does.

As i recall, one of the things that people were criticizing him for during training camp was that he is a 1989 birth and therefore should be that much better than those who were born in 1990.

What most people fail to see is that the kid is still 18 (the same age as Cody Hodgson) because he has a late birthday. I can see how one would point out such players as Richie and Gendur scoring big as 20 year old overagers and say that Rai too fits into that box;however, as an 18 year old his stats are actually decent.

You will never play for the canucks and is just an arrogant man who I would love to see play in the nhl and get worked over! not to be racist either, but i agree with the whole east-indian bit, as i dont think gms like it as much. Whenever i think of east indian hockey players, i think of arrogance! not being racist as i have nothing against anyone, but thats just my impression from being around the game a lot and having lots of buddies who are east indian.

Some of the comments in this thread are so ignorant. Some of you seem to be writing the guy off because of the color of his skin. Don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying he'll make it but I hope he does since he is a Canuck prospect. I hope most of our prospects turn into pros someday.

Also to the guy saying Rai is cocky you need loosen up. Most players are confident. I remember reading an article about Rai and he said that he wants to play for the team that he grew up watching and that he wants more Indo Canadian kids to get into hockey. He's trying his best to be a good role model. Cocky, isn't he? :rolleyes:

Archived