The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHLThread

Trent Huner as well and *cough* Boogaard *cough* ;)

On a lesser scale. Blair Betts. I remember that period (Betts, Bouck, Myers in goal) when everyone felt like we had a chance to be in it for the long haul. That was like the last time we were any good I think. Hopefully our curse gets lifted this year!

Tyrell scored his first of the year maybe first NHL goal last week with TB.

For those WHL highlites, I was at that game for number3.

As for the CN center being packed again for playoffs I think we will have to make a push this year with Connolly, cause I have a feeling he will be gone after this year.

But McCabe24 did you ever go any Cougar games when they played in the Coliseum? The days of Souray and Petrovicky.

Tyrell scored his first of the year maybe first NHL goal last week with TB.

For those WHL highlites, I was at that game for number3.

As for the CN center being packed again for playoffs I think we will have to make a push this year with Connolly, cause I have a feeling he will be gone after this year.

But McCabe24 did you ever go any Cougar games when they played in the Coliseum? The days of Souray and Petrovicky.

GROENHEYDE EXCHANGED FOR LANIGAN

Kamloops, BC – Kamloops Blazers General Manager Craig Bonner announced this morning that team has sent 19-year-old goaltender Jon Groenheyde to the Edmonton Oil Kings in exchange for 18-year-old goaltender Cam Lanigan."We want to thank Jon for his time with the hockey club," Bonner said. "We wish him the best of luck with the Oil Kings."Groenheyde, a free agent list from Surry, BC, appeared in 60 games with the Blazers starting in the 2007-08 season. Lanigan, who is from Calgary, BC, was originally a 6th round bantam pick to the Oil Kings in 2007. He has played in 74 games with the Oil Kings over the past two and a half seasons.

WHL on SHAW TV!!!

Craig Cunningham and the Vancouver Giants (10-6-1-1) host Mitchell Callahan and the Kelowna Rockets (6-10-0-0) for a B.C. Division battle in Western Hockey League action on Friday night.

Friday’s contest between the Rockets and Giants can be seen live throughout western Canada on SHAW (7:30pm PT).

The Giants have been idle since doubling up the Oil Kings 4-2 in Edmonton last Saturday for their fifth win in their last six games, and currently lead the B.C. Division with 22 points. The Giants are 4-2-1-1 at home this season. Giants’ head coach Don Hay needs just four more wins to hit the 500-win mark.

The Rockets are coming off a 5-2 victory over the Blazers in Kamloops on Wednesday night for their second straight victory. The Rockets are 3-4 away from home this season. Callahan has racked up three goals and five assists for eight points in his last two games.

It’s the third meeting of the season between the Rockets and Giants. Vancouver won both previous meetings with Kelowna this season.

Portland just won over the Red Deer Rebels tonight...

Portland 4

Red Deer 3 (OT)

Portland Goals

Pouliot (1st in WHL)

Gabriel (2nd)

Bartschi (12th)

Aronson (2nd)

Red Deer Goals

Kudrna (13th)

Weller (3rd)

Siwak (3rd)

Hard fought match with Portland getting a goal called off in the 2nd period due to a questionable goaltender interference call on Johansen. Brad Ross was dragged down entering the zone 1:36 into overtime, recieved a penalty shot and hit the post on his backhand. Aronson scored at 3:40 into Overtime, giving the Rebels their second straight loss on American soil (Two nights ago lost 4-1 to the Seattle Thunderbirds).

Can't wait until Saskatoon comes into town on the 30th. We're going to try and get a bus out from Tsawwassen because two players on the Blades(Nicholls and Olsen) are from our old high school. Plus with the Blades doing well this should be a great game...hopefully Giants put up a good fight.

Archived