Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PowerIce

PIJHL

161 posts in this topic

i know, what a bummer! Would have loved the end of the game live. 3-2 Sockeyes in the 3rd per twitter.

Sockeyes take it 4-2! Would've liked to seen them win it at home, but they're this years PIJHL champs!

WTG Sockeyes!

Give 'em hell in Fernie at the Cyclone Taylor Cup!

Speaking of the CTC, here who is in:

Host: Fernie Ghostriders

VIJHL Champs: Peninsula Panthers

PIJHL Champs: Richmond Sockeyes

The KIJHL Finals saw the Castlegar Rebels win tonight in OT but the Osoyoos Coyotes still lead the series 2-1.

I don't think we had a shot to begin with, good job Sockeyes! Make the PIJHL proud during the Cyclone Taylor Cup tourney!

The KI champs, provided they come out healthy, are going to be tough. And the Host is a force too. I think they might have had a few players knicked up in the Conf. Finals. IMHO, the KIJHL is a more physical league than the PIJHL.

From what I have seen in person, the VIJHL seems a little weak this year.

Fernie and the Sockeyes are similar teams. Play solid systems, can transition and get saves when needed. I would think though in a 7 game series Fernie might be able to lay the body and win. But in a 1 game take all setting, I kinda think Richmond is a better rounded team.

Osoyoos has a ton of high powered offense. But they came out of a weaker OK/Shuswap conf in the KI. Castlegar is actually making them work. I haven't seen too much of the 'Yotes as I mostly watch the Kootenay Conf. I think Richmond would have a fight on their hands with Osoyoos.

Castlegar I think they match up well against. Castlegar gives up a fair number of goals shorthanded and the Sockeyes PP is one of their keys.

The Panthers out of the VI are coming in on a high. They came back from being down 3-0 to the Victoria Cougars to win back to back VIJHL titles. They have fight in them. I just have never seen them live/video.

Sockeyes lost two games in a row and are playing for bronze tomorrow afternoon in Fernie :(

So basically that means they're done for the season :(

Sockeyes lost two games in a row and are playing for bronze tomorrow afternoon in Fernie :(

So basically that means they're done for the season :(

Oakley is a great goalie. Being 18yrs old I think he is going to take a shot at junior A next season.

Too bad my Pilots couldn't pull it off. I haven't gone to a game in years, I think I'll try to get out there next season.

Oakley is a great goalie. Being 18yrs old I think he is going to take a shot at junior A next season.

2011-12 PIJHL season News: Squamish Wolf Pack relocate from Squamish to North Vancouver, to be named the North Vancouver Wolf Pack (Still In Tom Shaw Conference)

wolfpack.jpg

Yep playing at Harry Jerome... My friend got offered a contract to play there...

Yep playing at Harry Jerome... My friend got offered a contract to play there...

Looking forward to seeing them play. Hope North Van supports them well. NVMHA is a big association, I hope the parents and kids support the team in their own backyard.

PIJHL season underway Sept 20th!

Is there any reason why Richmond hasn't taken part in exhibition games so far?

Abbosford Pilots won the Cyclone Taylor & Keystone Cup! Provincial & National Junior B champions! :towel: