The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PIJHL

PowerIce

WTG Sockeyes!

Give 'em hell in Fernie at the Cyclone Taylor Cup!

Speaking of the CTC, here who is in:

Host: Fernie Ghostriders

VIJHL Champs: Peninsula Panthers

PIJHL Champs: Richmond Sockeyes

The KIJHL Finals saw the Castlegar Rebels win tonight in OT but the Osoyoos Coyotes still lead the series 2-1.

The KI champs, provided they come out healthy, are going to be tough. And the Host is a force too. I think they might have had a few players knicked up in the Conf. Finals. IMHO, the KIJHL is a more physical league than the PIJHL.

From what I have seen in person, the VIJHL seems a little weak this year.

Fernie and the Sockeyes are similar teams. Play solid systems, can transition and get saves when needed. I would think though in a 7 game series Fernie might be able to lay the body and win. But in a 1 game take all setting, I kinda think Richmond is a better rounded team.

Osoyoos has a ton of high powered offense. But they came out of a weaker OK/Shuswap conf in the KI. Castlegar is actually making them work. I haven't seen too much of the 'Yotes as I mostly watch the Kootenay Conf. I think Richmond would have a fight on their hands with Osoyoos.

Castlegar I think they match up well against. Castlegar gives up a fair number of goals shorthanded and the Sockeyes PP is one of their keys.

The Panthers out of the VI are coming in on a high. They came back from being down 3-0 to the Victoria Cougars to win back to back VIJHL titles. They have fight in them. I just have never seen them live/video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived