The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PIJHL

PowerIce

I was there standing behind the benchs up at the rail and was disgusted by the conduct of the Kodiaks coach, players and fans.

Jessie Seimens gets blind sided in the 3rd and leaves the game probably as a precaution incase he has a concussion given he has already this season been run from behind into the boards by the Pilots Lamb and missed a few games. Kodiaks player gets 5 and a game.

Then in one of the worst incidents I have seen at a rink live, I believe it was #21 Saretsky gets a check to the head. Keep in mind, at this point it is already 6-2 Sockeyes with less than half the 3rd to play. He was out cold on his feet and falls to the ice and slides into a good 15ft into the corner. That is how hard he was hit that the momentum of the check sent him that far.

The Sockeye and Kodiak trainers got to him quick and at one point called for a neck brace. But as he came to and they assesed the situation he eventually sat up, then with the help of the trainers and his captain Patrick Hunter heads off to the dressing room on his own feet.

The hit was bad enough, but the whole time this kid is out cold on the ice the Kodiaks coach and whole bench are hurling insults at the Sockeyes bench to the point that the Kodiaks coach gets tossed from the game. The player that made the hit was given a Checking to the Head major and a match penalty. I didn't catch his number but he will be suspended so it should show up on the PIJHL's discipline page. There have been 3 check to the head incidents this season and each time they have been given 2 games. I believe that a major and match penalty come with an automagic 1 game so he could be looking at 3 games. But this coach should be suspended/fined. His conduct was pathetic. He should be setting an example for these kids. Down 6-2 takes your loss and plan what your next practice will look like to correct your mistakes. Don't go all slapshot out there.

But some of the Aldergrove fans were just as bad. After play finally gets underway again they yell out stuff like "Don't break any more Richmond players".

I wrote a letter to the league president that's how pissed off I was last night. Yeah I cheer for the Sockeyes, but I don't care what team you are from, there is no room in the game for the crap that went on last night.

I was at the game in Delta and was very impressed with the improvement that Port Moody has made. They have some pretty speedy young players and were full value in their defeat of the Hawks. On the Black Panthers, # 7 Cameron Lawson impressed me and also #12 Joel Hamilton, both ended up the night with a goal and two assists. Enegren looked a little shaky especially on the fourth Port Moody goal which found the five hole. It was a good game.

Tonight, I drove out to Aldergrove to watch the Ridge Meadows Flames dominate the Kodiaks for forty-five minutes or so. The final score was seven to three or something like that. Aldergrove are surely a different team from their first two years. They're a lot smaller and last years top three scorers are not with them this year. Last week Richmond made easy work of them and tonight Ridge Meadows did the same. In the past the Kodiaks would turn mean if they were losing but tonight, only one fight and it was a one man fight. After a goal an Aldergrove defenseman pushed the scorer and when he was pushed back, dropped his gloves and proceeded to pummel the Flame player, good sportsmanship all around there.

I was at the game in Delta and was very impressed with the improvement that Port Moody has made. They have some pretty speedy young players and were full value in their defeat of the Hawks. On the Black Panthers, # 7 Cameron Lawson impressed me and also #12 Joel Hamilton, both ended up the night with a goal and two assists. Enegren looked a little shaky especially on the fourth Port Moody goal which found the five hole. It was a good game.

Tonight, I drove out to Aldergrove to watch the Ridge Meadows Flames dominate the Kodiaks for forty-five minutes or so. The final score was seven to three or something like that. Aldergrove are surely a different team from their first two years. They're a lot smaller and last years top three scorers are not with them this year. Last week Richmond made easy work of them and tonight Ridge Meadows did the same. In the past the Kodiaks would turn mean if they were losing but tonight, only one fight and it was a one man fight. After a goal an Aldergrove defenseman pushed the scorer and when he was pushed back, dropped his gloves and proceeded to pummel the Flame player, good sportsmanship all around there.

Archived