The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

I dunno man, the effort vs. Edmonton was pretty good considering it was the 3rd game in 4 nights, and we came back shorthanded.

Those "Eastern" road swings are always rough. Teams usually drop a couple due more to fatigue than anything. Not the Blazers so far. "All we do is win win win no matta what" :P

Rockets win tonight woooo. Watch out Blazers ;)

Those "Eastern" road swings are always rough. Teams usually drop a couple due more to fatigue than anything. Not the Blazers so far. "All we do is win win win no matta what" :P

Rockets win tonight woooo. Watch out Blazers ;)

I remember when we had a .500 record...wait a minute, no I don't. ;)

You've come a long way in 2 years ;)

speaking of 2 years ago I remember the Rockets started something like 4-11 in their first 15 games then went on to win the BC division. couldn't believe it.

So there's hope! Though I think more like hope for 2nd since I don't see Kamloops slowing down till...hmm...2014 :P

speaking of 2 years ago I remember the Rockets started something like 4-11 in their first 15 games then went on to win the BC division. couldn't believe it.

So there's hope! Though I think more like hope for 2nd since I don't see Kamloops slowing down till...hmm...2014 :P

:towel:

Honestly My favorite rivalry is with Kelowna!

BATTLE OF THE K'S!

I wish the rockets were top notch again to re-kindle that fire

ALSO

Any of you posters have any suggestions for the November Wallpaper? Any players you would like to see?

BATTLE OF THE K'S!

ALSO

Any of you posters have any suggestions for the November Wallpaper? Any players you would like to see?

Hey both games at the start of the year with Kelowna were close 6-5 in OT and 3-2 where the Rockets lead 2-0 going into the third. So I except the upcoming games to be tough. Especially once Kelowna gets some key guys back from injury.

Actually in the two games combined shots were 66-65 Kelowna.

BATTLE OF THE K'S!

ALSO

I agree with Deuce...definitely Lipon or Chevy, Ranford would be allright too.

After Lipon's magical October, I would have to say Lipon more than the other two though. ::D

pic11.jpgWarm Up The Bus – My Take on the Kamloops Blazers: Alberta Road Trip

Friday October 19, 2012: Game #4 – Kamloops @ Lethbridge

Game number four of the five game Alberta trip takes place tonight as the Kamloops Blazers are in Lethbridge, Alberta for a Friday night date with the Hurricanes. On paper, this game looks like a walk for the Blazers, as the Hurricanes currently sit 5th in the Central Division, as well as 11th in the Eastern Conference, while the Blazers are tops in the CHL.

THE NIGHT BEFORE: On Wednesday night, the Blazers won a thriller in Edmonton, by a 5-4 count in a shootout. The Blazers got another strong showing from JC Lipon, who is the WHL and CHL leading point scorer (as of puck drop tonight). Also on Wednesday night, the Hurricanes exploded offensively and beat the Brandon Wheat Kings by a 6-1 count.

WHO TO WATCH: It’s becoming a default, but the Hurricanes are going to have to watch out for JC Lipon. Lipon is coming off a three point night against Edmonton, and second consecutive WHL and CHL player of the week honors. Lipon currently leads the league in points with 27, and Colin Smith sits second with 23. Russ Maxwell, on the other end of the spectrum, has nine points in ten games to lead the ‘Canes in points.

“KEEPING” TIME: Taran Kozun will get his second start of the road trip for the Blazers tonight. Kozun shutout the Rebels in Red Deer earlier in the week. Former Tri-City American Ty Rimmer will be between the pipes for the Hurricanes. Rimmer has started all eleven of the Hurricanes match-ups this season.

FIRSTS: This is the first meeting of the season between the two clubs. This is also the first of two games in Lethbridge for the Blazers this season. The Blazers won both games against Lethbridge last season, so the ‘Canes are looking for their first win against Kamloops since 2010. ‘Canes backup Christopher Tai is still awaiting his first start of the season. Blazer goaltender Taran Kozun picked up his first WHL shutout earlier this week after the Blazers beat the Red Deer Rebels 4-0 in Red Deer.

MY PREDICTION: After an emotionally charged game on Wednesday, the Blazers will come out slow in this one. Better heads will prevail however, as the Blazers are just too good for Lethbridge.

Predicted score: KAM 5 LET 1

True that.

When Jonny K was talking to coach Charron after the game, he suggested that it was a good thing this team "learned their lesson, but didn't lose out on the two points."

Anyone know what happened to Grist?

I think he just picked up a knock, not sure where or how, but Im thinking he'll be back soon. Also has anyone heard the status on Depape?

pic11.jpgWarm Up The Bus – My Take on the Kamloops Blazers: Alberta Road Trip

Saturday October 20, 2012: Game #5 – Kamloops @ Kootenay

The Blazers are looking for the rare unbeaten road trip, as they take on the Kootenay Ice for game five of the five game roadie tonight. Kamloops has outscored their opponents 18-10 on the trip so far. The ICE are in the midst of a three-in-three weekend, as the Red Deer Rebels visits Cranbrook tomorrow night.

THE NIGHT BEFORE: Both teams were in action last night. The ICE won a hard fought overtime game against the Red Deer Rebels, in Red Deer, by a 2-1 count. The Blazers also won in overtime, squeezing past the Lethbridge Hurricanes 5-4 in overtime. The Blazers got a bit of a scare after blowing a 4-1 lead early in the third period, before Brendan Ranford potted the winner in OT. Both teams raced back to Cranbrook to rest up for tonight.

WHO TO WATCH: To freshen up the column a bit, I’m going to go with Brendan Ranford as the player to watch on the Blazers side of the ice. Ranford is coming off a huge four point night, which included the game winner, last night in Lethbridge. Ranford currently has 19 points on the season, and is tied for third in WHL scoring. JC Lipon and Colin Smith currently sit 1-2, respectively. Timmy Bozon is one point back of Ranford, and currently sits in a tie for seventh with MJ Warriors Sam Fioretti. The ICE are led by 17 year old Sam Reinhart, the brother of NY Islanders draft pick Griffin Reinhart. Kootenay also dresses a couple of big bodied veterans, in Drew Czerwonka and Brock Montgomery. The three are expected to lead the way against the Blazers tonight.

“KEEPING” TIME: After a shaky game for Taran Kozun last night, Cole Cheveldave will finish off the trip for the Blazers. The Calgary native is currently 7-0-0-0 through nine starts this season and boasts an impressive 1.86 GAA and a .929 SV%. Between the pipes for the ICE is Mackenzie Skapski who sports a 3.00 GAA and an .878 SV %, along with a 4-2-0-0 record.

FIRSTS: This is the first and only meeting of the season between the two clubs. The Blazers currently sit in first place in the WHL’s BC Division, Western Conference, the WHL, and the entire CHL. Kamloops also boasts the first and second place scorers, JC Lipon and Colin Smith. With a win tonight, the Blazers could sweep an Alberta road trip for the first time since 2001-2002.

MY PREDICTION: The Blazers nearly blew it last night, and Guy Charron emphasized the team should have “learned their lesson”. Expect the Blazers to come out hard and close out the road trip a perfect 5-0.

Predicted score: KAM 4 ICE 2

Archived