The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bodog was there.

Kevin Biestra

Totally agree..

Tge other thing that pisses me off with team 1040 (besides Matt Sekeres' stupid voice) is that they will have Canucks lunch everyday and during that time they are supposedly supposed to talk Hockey strictly.. I mean they even say so before the segment, and then they go ahead and start yapping about soccer and baseball and all this other BS, yet continue to insist its the Canucks lunch... right.

Not only did you help Bodog advertise, but you helped inform people about who they are. Most people who visited this topic probably ended up visiting the Bodog website, which helped them gain more visitors. Now I know many are saying "Bodog sucks" but many on here may end up using that very site for online sports betting. What you ended up doing here is possibly creating more revenue, more visitors, and more advertising for Bodog.

I know that you are angry with the company for the way they advertise by bringing up some bad times, but those are the things that get people talking. They could mention Burrows Game 7 Goal, Pavel Bure or Kirk McKlean vs Calgary, or Kevin Bieksa Game 5 Goal but they might not gain as much publicity with that as they have with this.

I agree it's a very risky strategy to market they way they are in this city, but it seems to be working. Just don't pay attention to it and think of the good times.

Sportsaction is a joke,preying on the weak with there horrible lines. Its not enough to exploit gamblers but they have to go one step farther by giving horrible odds.

Now Bodog was created by a guy that used to run weed across the border and they also kick players that win to much. Not to mention the DOJ is breathing down their necks,its just a matter of time now.

I cringe when I hear those sportsaction picks,used to have a gambling addiction and it was a hard kick for me.

Besides the blatant fact they put no effort into the selections.

Sportsaction is a joke,preying on the weak with there horrible lines. Its not enough to exploit gamblers but they have to go one step farther by giving horrible odds.

Now Bodog was created by a guy that used to run weed across the border and they also kick players that win to much. Not to mention the DOJ is breathing down their necks,its just a matter of time now.

I cringe when I hear those sportsaction picks,used to have a gambling addiction and it was a hard kick for me.

Besides the blatant fact they put no effort into the selections.

So Bodog's choice of "locally focused" advertising on the Team 1040 is to recount how the Canucks were considered a strong contender for the Cup in 2011, then blew their shot and left the city heartbroken. Bodog was there!

I would be surprised if "Bodog was there" in Boston for the Red Sox collapse where they blew their division lead to the Cardinals in the final stretch of the season and missed the playoffs.

Screw you Bodog. Don't pollute my attempt to follow Vancouver sports by insulting me.

If your going use baseball to compare the situation, at least give credit to the team that actually jumped ahead of the Red Sox. The Cardinals aren't in the same division, in fact, not even in the American League. The Tampa Bay Rays won the AL East.

Yes I realize that you probably don't watch baseball or care about it as you probably only revolve around the Canucks, but a simple fact check that takes 10 seconds could've prevented this, and strengthen your rant against Bodog.

I think I will reiterate at this point...

If you want to gamble (or "game" as Gaming 1040 likes to cal it)...you have OTHER OPTIONS.

If you feel the need to game, check out one of:

5Dimes

BetDSI.eu

BookMaker

Bovada

SportBet

BetUS

Pinnacle

TheGreek

and so on...

To my knowledge, none of those have insulted Vancouver or tried to annoy us into remembering them.

Oh yeah... and use your game sense.

And know your limit and play within it.

Look both ways before crossing the street.

Archived