The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kudos To Av

Boudrias

I mostly agree with this; noting that I have high lighted your last paragraph. (very good response, well done!)

We can play our system, and gain control of the puck and we are fine. But that could break down on D. The Canucks main issue at the moment is a bit of vulnerability for some of our D to match up against waves of big forward lines; such as in St Louis. Our 3rd pair constantly has guys who either cant beat these big guys to the puck to clear it (Alberts) or are too small if they get hemmed in (Tanev).

Our first line (if Burrows, Danny, Hank) is also vulnerable to size. But, this is a post about's AV's manipulation of the lines. He appears to be experimenting, and testing which combinations of Lapierre, Bitz, Kassian has been able to step in and counter act that issue; and Burrows moves seemlessly from line to line. I would like to see Booth up with the Twins, even Kesler if Reinprecht is effective enough as center. We should have enough depth, where we did not last year, to allow AV to pull this off.

Can we do it on D?

Connauton should be up for a game or 3 before the dance for the same reason. He does not address size (although he is our toughest D behind Bieksa) but does get to the puck and move it very well. Remember, he was an AHL all star this year, not Tanev or Gragnani.

Archived