The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coach Av Staying Silent

Av isn't a bad coach, and he isn't a great coach.

He plays an emotionless style of hockey that doesn't suit: Burrows, Kesler, Booth, Higgins, Hamhuis, Edler, Ballard, Kassian, Hansen, Pahllson, Lapierre, Bitz, And to some extent this last series at last the Sedins.

With Luongo leaving it is time to bring in a new voice behind the bench.

Craig Mactavish has won 3 cups as a player and played in dozens and dozens of playoff games. He is the epitome of the coach a team named the Vancouver Canucks need.

Aqualinini's are telling Gillis if he doesn't take Mactavish he's gone too.

Mac T would probably say to you exactly what was reported to have been said by AV when first approached by MG upon his hiring; "I'm not a defensive coach, I coach the parts I am given!" Mac T did not have our offensive talent in Edmonton.

But he did burn a lot of players & leave the team a mess, as much as he crafted winning teams.

If Av doesnt come back get ready for the Mac T science project. This team will be run into the ground with agonizingly terrible offense and the best trap system money can buy. If mac T is coach I will do what I did in the Cloutier years and be much less involved in my beloved Canucks season.

Archived