The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any Vancouverite Who Is Living Or Has Lived In La

chandlerbing

1. Are hot women in LA in short shorts (not bikinis) nearly every month of the year? 9-10 months as opposed to ummm...2 here in Vancouver? Lol. This is important! I couldn't care less if they were materialistic cuz I'm not looking for a relationship. ::D

Yeah, beauty is definately more common in L.A., I wouldn't recommend Vegas for the women or anything other than gambling, shows and events though, its a hollow town and I met very few people who liked living there when I live there.Anyway its hard to put into words just how much "younger" and more exciting L.A. is compared to Vancouver, think frat house vs care home. I wouldn't want to live here again permanently but it'd be great for a year or two.

I agree with that. Like I said before, I want to move to a city that is big, fast, warm, sunny, and supports my interests and hobbies. Otherise I feel like living in the Fraser Valley/Vancouver is a waste of my youth. I don't want to look back and think, "Wow I passed my CPA but didn't move out when I could have." This is my age to take the chance. I have no wife, no kids, and my parents are willing to support me in LA. In a way, I'm lucky to have the option to move out of Vancouver. But then, I also worked hard for this. CPA is not easy :sadno: I was determined to move since I landed here.

Really? With all that sun and all those beaches, and their sun worshipping culture, they can't get the real thing, and end up looking like this lady?

tanningmom.jpg

As for fake curves, what's the general consensus on it? "Can't beat the real thing" or "Even better than the real thing"?

What is it about Quebec girls that has everyone touting them so highly? Is it more to do with their style or their genetics?

Really? With all that sun and all those beaches, and their sun worshipping culture, they can't get the real thing, and end up looking like this lady?

tanningmom.jpg

As for fake curves, what's the general consensus on it? "Can't beat the real thing" or "Even better than the real thing"?

What is it about Quebec girls that has everyone touting them so highly? Is it more to do with their style or their genetics?

Plenty o' both, and you really need to travel more dude. I see more tan damaged skin in Canada and the northern U.S. than in the sunbelt, tanning beds are a lot harder on the skin than natural sun and folks in the sun states are a lot more conscious of their sun exposure.

Vancouver's rating decreased because of a highway closure on Vancouver Island. I don't rely on those surveys. Plus, the surveys are not subject to people's likes and dislikes. No survey can be. Theres's no way this city is liveable to people who love the heat.

From the survey I saw, LA was a moving up on the list. It's now 44th? Multiple Canadian and Australian cities in the top 10. QOL can be more important than sun for people(myself included). It's all about priorities which everyone's is different. I can respect that :) I'm at the point I've lived in Socal long enough I want to get the hell out! But circumstances won't allow that... for now. As soon as I can, I'm back in Van.

The irony in this comment is that LA, LAS and some of the other cities people are talking about in this thread haven't been named to any top 10 list of best places to live. Van has... Just bust'n your balls a bit on that comment.

One of my friends I graduated with, from Burnaby North, lives there and works for 20th Century Fox.

My wife lived there for a while when she was a couple of years out of high school - but didn't like it at all.

From your profile :picard:

I am a Christian because I have a personal relationship with God, it is my own, not my family, not my church, not my friends, but mine. I believe the Bible is the Truth, God's word. 2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is God-breathed". I love Him, He loves me, He is my friend, my comforter. I believe Jesus died for my sins and someday I will be with Him for eternity...

So what city does God love more? :sick:

The irony in this comment is that LA, LAS and some of the other cities people are talking about in this thread haven't been named to any top 10 list of best places to live. Van has... Just bust'n your balls a bit on that comment.

Best places to live surveys are based on the experience in the city as a whole. It's probably not the greatest quality of life to be born into a crime ridden ghetto of some kind. Canada doesn't have ghettoisation on the same scale. We have no history of slavery and overall better social services. These surveys are going to reflect that, but might not be the best measure of the non-ghetto experience most of us would have if we moved to LA.

"Canada" had black slavery, its just that ball never got to get rolling much because what later became Canada was barely getting started when the British Empire banned slavery.

Anyway, I spent my day in Compton, Watts and East L.A. the other day and would rather live even in those over Surrey, no joke. All of those places seem a lot better than they used to be.

OTOH I was shocked about how much appearant decay there is in some of the more expensive neighborhoods, you've got these massive estates with wrought iron gates, statues and reflecting pools and all of that, which cost like $25K a month to rent and who knows how much to buy, and half of them are crumbling.

Archived