Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

New Goal Horn Next Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#61 nwo

nwo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

The DJ SUCKS. Get rid of him.

#62 drukes1234

drukes1234

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

DJ Dave is atrocious.

Period.

#63 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

I like DJ Dave, always has, but if he can get some old school gangsta rap into the warmups like Boston he'd be a god!
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#64 Okanuck

Okanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giH7PyBpP2E

I like DJ Dave, always has, but if he can get some old school gangsta rap into the warmups like Boston he'd be a god!

This would be a good one after a player suffers a concussion. lol!
Posted Image
"Everybody wants to play in the playoffs. You don't know how good the good times were until you hit the bad times. But sometimes success is just around the corner." --Trevor Linden

"It was not an equipment problem," Luongo said when asked about his late appearance in overtime. "Let's leave it like that." (April 2007)

#65 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,893 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Edited by Vintage Canuck., 07 May 2012 - 04:12 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#66 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

How about some hockey type music to get the crowd pumped and into the game. Playing some dance techno teeny bopper crap isn't going to get the crowd involved.

Neither is some dance club "Make some Noise" chant, whats next? Dubstep at the games... :picard: :sick:

Can't remember what crap he was playing when the Canucks were down in the third against the Kings, but everyone in the crowd was like wtf?

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#67 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I think it should be this, minus the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6H3RuhctDo

Air Raid siren would go better with the Winnipeg Jets.

HistoryVisionDrive-HeartofaCanuck_rs.jpg

#68 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

The goal horn isn't the issue. It's the goal song that's brutal. One of the worst in the league. The goal song is supposed to get the fans singing out load...and neither the current one nor Green Day last year do that. Heck, our goal song doesn't even have to be a real song...just something that gets people up and screaming.

Was listening to the Rangers goal song and I think it's great as it gets 20,000 fans up chanting at the same time...and that's the whole point of the goal song isn't it?

Our Ole mash-up we had a few years back was also good at getting fans up and just screaming:

Edited by MJDDawg, 07 May 2012 - 10:17 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#69 DevinTownsend

DevinTownsend

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

NO MORE U2 !
NO MORE DJ DAVE !

Agree with this, rogers arena needs more metal!

#70 CanucksxDream

CanucksxDream

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

Goal horn is fine, I love it. Goal Song needs to change! Electric Worry sorry TBH is crap! Don't know why they changed to this junk, Holiday was so much better!!!
Posted Image

#71 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

What about for goal songs the song "How You Like Me Now?" by The Heavy? Start it at the chorus when the guys belting out: HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!?

I set it up on NHL12 and it's funny as hell: (Bill Clement) He shoots he scores!!! (song starts) How you like me now? How you like me now? How you like me now? How you like me noooooooooowwwwww!!?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#72 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Bring back HOLIDAY! :(

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#73 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

i think the goal horn changes this year. the horn aka ferry horn was used i think because of the sponsorship bc ferries had with CSE the past 2 years. they pulled out last year due to audits done and they needed to lessen the spending.

i would think CSE changes it, but then again, why mess with something good. that being said, goal song is bad
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#74 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

First off, I'd like to thank DJ Dave for doing an amazing job this season with the music played between intermissions. I would also like to say that I loved both this year and last year's goal horn. This may be because of superstition, but do you think we need a new goal horn next year to start the season off? I love listening to goal horns when we score, and I wouldn't mind a change at all. Do you guys have any new suggestions for next year, or do you guys think we should stick to the same goal horn?

DJ Dave sucked. His choice of music was all club/top 40 garbage and has been for the last few years. I'm sorry, but when I go to a hockey game the last thing I wanna hear is top 40. Not to mention the fact that this franchise has absolutely no tradition as we seem to wanna change our goal song every year.

Also, does anyone remember DJ Elektra Belle from last season's playoffs and how pathetic that was???

Edited by Raoul Duke, 08 May 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#75 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

That song just doesn't sit well with me as an intro piece of goal song... eh.

BRING THIS GUY BACK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=71Gr_RnblCs

lol rad

nothing gets me pumped like a clarinet!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#76 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Don't know why everyone whined so much over the Green Day horn.. I thoroughly enjoyed that goal song, definitely brings back some memories from last season..

However, Clutch is pretty good as well, I wouldn't mess with it now.

DJ Dave's play-list is crap though.. No wonder our crowd is never that pumped up.

#77 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Our goal song now is so damn terrible. DJ Dave is the worst. I would also love the female pride fc announcer to replace John Haha. Ryannnnnn Kesssssslerrrrrrrrrrrr!!
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#78 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

lol rad

nothing gets me pumped like a clarinet!

It's something we had back in the WCE days, and I really enjoyed it as an intro piece.

#79 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

You simply dont mess with tradition, which means U2 stays cause its the most unique intro in the NHL and one of the best in pro sports, 10 years strong

You cant mess with this, tell me this doesnt give you goosebumps and shivers
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.