The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Year Ago Today...

Franz Liszt

This hurts to much right now and to see the kings probably finishing the devils off in 4 or 5 it's painful. I wish it was a best of 5 series, we would have won. Luongo was a big part of the problem but to only blame him is ludicrous. Sedins, bieksa, higgins, Kesler, edler. The list goes on and on, no one played a good series.

PS. We could be one of the only teams to beat the kings this year in the playoffs kinds cool eh?

Enjoy the year ago today, think about "what if", because there's a good chance you'll be waiting another 20 years for a Canuck SC final. You'll then be arguing with a whole other generation of fans with no real sense of history. :P

:towel: I get bummed when I think of this:

Cities Post Canucks entry

New York Islanders - 4

Edmonton - 5

Calgary - 1

New Jersey - 3

Colorado - 2

Dallas - 1

Tampa Bay - 1

Carolina - 1

Anaheim - 1

And a being a little looser with the stats

Cities 3 years prior to Canaucks entry

Pittsburgh- 3

Philidelphia - 2

......LA Kings - ???

Scoring 8 goals in 7 games deftainly was a problem but I would put the blame on AV for not changing his game plan one bit not finding holes in the Bruins D game. But on the other Luongo did let in goals one after other where the games were done by the second period.

The problem with Luongo was that in the games we lost he didn't give us the slightest chance to win. Those games were over within minutes of Luongo giving up the first goal. Are you trying to say that if Luongo gives up 8 goals in a SCF game that the rest of the team is supposed to score 9?

Luongo picked the worst time to pull his Jeckyll and Hyde routine. He was was brilliant in the three wins and complete and utter crap in the losses. Pitching a shutout every game is not realistic but we needed Luongo to match Tim Thomas's level of play in the four games we lost, if he did then maybe we would have won.

I still believe it would have been better if Luongo crapped out in one of the first two games, maybe then we would've switched to Schneider the rest of the way and possibly gotten a better result. We might still have lost the Stanley Cup but I dont think we would've been embarrassed in the losses.

Archived