The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu's Value Just Grew Even more.....

bure10fan

It sure did, but his value also rose dramatically for us - if we want to win. If we don't mind losing, we can keep Luo.

You have no idea whether Schneider is ready to play 60-70 games. But as a matter of fact, Luo wasn't either - when he tried, he'd have a couple of enormous slumps each year he did so - beginning of every year for one of them. Luo is a 'work-in-progress' alright - he is progressing his way to another team where there is no neccessity to win it all. How you can claim tha he gives us a better chance than Schneider after this past year's performance defies all logic and reason. Get this through your thick skull - look it up on nhl.com - Luo was an average, a mediocre, goalie in the regular season. In the playoffs - he was the worst goalie that took part. Schneider was third best in the regular season, and the BEST in GAA and save % in the playoffs - of ALL goalies.

How can you reconcile those facts with Luo giving us the 'best chance'?

You should know that any trade Gillis makes comes entirely out of left field. Ballard, Booth, Kassian. NO ONE saw any of these trades or considered any of these players, if you weren't already aware of this fact then you aren't much of a Canucks fan.

That's a dumb argument. If you're evaluating a specific player's performance, like in this case the goalie, you look at the relevant stats, not just wins and losses. By your reasoning John Tavares could be dismissed because his team loses, even if he has sparkling stats.

Schneider had .960 Save% in the playoffs, enough said.

Schneider couldn;t score but giving up only one goal per game is about as close to perfect as a goalie can get. Lou could not shut the door(for whatever reason) and gave up almost 3.5 GPG and we were down 2 games....who gave us the better chance to win?

If anything, his value has diminished. Who else is desperate for a goalie? All other teams pretty much addressed that need, if anything Corey's value has increased because of his age and relatively low value (money wise).

I am starting to believe that most posters on this forum aren't old enough to appreciate what bad goaltending is.

Before Luongo came to town, there were two good years: 1982 and 1994. The rest are write offs.

Careful what you wish for too-young-to-remember fans. It could bite this franchise in the a** for many years to come.

Then again, a non-complaining Vancouverite is an immigrant.

What double standard? You were the one that brought up the playoff win/loss stat. I'm simply expanding on it by saying that Luongo was 0-2 while Schneider was 1-2. Am I wrong? If you don't like that stat anymore we can talk about GAA...or sv%...or any regular season stat...although I really doubt any of them would help your cause.

You ignore every stat, you ignore Schneider's youth, you ignore Luongo's age, you ignore cap hit, you ignore Luongo's tendancy to put his foot in his mouth and you ignore Luongo's early season slumps and playoff meltdowns. Then you accuse me of having a double standard. Don't you see anything ironic there? You're desperately holding on to the goalie that Luongo used to be.

For all the Luongo haters out there, if we trade this guy it doesn't matter who we get back, Schneider is not ready to play 60-70 games AND another 25 in the post season to win us a cup.

The kid (and yes, he's still a kid to those of you who think he's as proven as Luongo is) has played a total of under 60 games in his career with 4 playoff starts and has 1 playoff win. Don't let his numbers fool you, this guy has never had a taste of a full-time position and I don't trust the team's playoff Cup chances on him one bit.

Sure he'll be good in 3 or 4 seasons once he's lost in the playoffs and learns what it takes, but by then our core will be old and pathetic. We need to stick with Luongo because he's been through it all and he's a work in progress, and after so much he gives us a better chance to win than Schneider.

Quote me on this Luongo-haters, if we trade Luongo and hitch our wagon on Cory Schneider this team won't win a Cup for another 3 or 4 years. If we stick with Luongo we're giving ourselves a great chance to win it for each of the next 3 seasons at least.

I am starting to believe that most posters on this forum aren't old enough to appreciate what bad goaltending is.

Before Luongo came to town, there were two good years: 1982 and 1994. The rest are write offs.

Careful what you wish for too-young-to-remember fans. It could bite this franchise in the a** for many years to come.

Then again, a non-complaining Vancouverite is an immigrant.

Archived