The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The TEAM 1040

Why is it that 1040 haters have this burning desire to bitch and moan about the station? Every time someone brings up 1040, like 10 people chime in with how much they hate it.

I don't like mushrooms of folk music but you won't see me starting any threads about it. :rolleyes:

Why is it that 1040 haters have this burning desire to bitch and moan about the station? Every time someone brings up 1040, like 10 people chime in with how much they hate it.

I don't like mushrooms of folk music but you won't see me starting any threads about it. :rolleyes:

Venting. Some people don't like how the media is acting nowadays. Who can honestly blame them. The 'news/talk shows' have become too personal and they think they have a right to tell every one else how to live their life or conduct business just because they are on the air.

Agreed, used to tune in somewhat regularly for Pratt and Taylor, especially when they were on both Sportsnet and radio, but now I don't really know why I should tune into the station anymore. And to those who say they don't enjoy Pratt b!tching about the city and the bike lanes, I for one enjoyed his commentary.

The reason, if you read the responses, is that most of the "haters" were fans of the TEAM 1040 at one point and they agree that the station has gone down hill bigtime. Who ever is running that station behind the scene has it derailed.

The station was at it's best with Bmac & Scotty in the morning, The Rick Ball show then Pratt & Taylor. Now, I realize things change like Rick Ball moving on to calling the Canucks and Lions full time. But the instability since Baller moved on has gotten worse and worse till it has become intolerable. Scotty in the morning has fallen flat since Ferraro moved on. Sekeres & Price is just horrible. And listening to BMac & Taylor is like eaves dropping on a couple of old guys at the bar yammering on about the glory days.

Say what you want about David Pratt but he makes for good radio and I'll be tuning in to CKNW a lot more now that he is on.

Reading some of the comments in the Dave Pratt to CKNW thread prompted this thread.

I was a long time listener to the TEAM 1040. I was a regular caller on the Rick Ball show. I thought Rick's show was great at the time but now that he's been gone a couple years, I realize how good he really was. The TEAM sucks now. It is unlistenable. And as much as I hated Dave Pratt, I listened to Pratt and Taylor. Now the staion has gone to crap. They don't even have professional broadcasters anymore except Taylor and B Mac. And both of those guy are past their expiry date.

Who hosts the shows now? Matt Sekeres? Jason Botchford ? And how desperate was the station when they gave Paul Chapman a job? What, they couldn't find some guy off the street for cheaper?

I used to tune in once and awhile to see what was going on but the garbage just became too much. After listening to the station from day 1, I no longer listen. They are dead to me. And it feels good :towel:

I'll explain this to you one last time because you seem a little dim witted.

This whole forum is based on people giving opinions about the Canucks. There are thousands and thousands of threads started by people complaining about the Sedins, Luongo, Vingneault, Bieksa, Kesler, the !st line, the 2nd line, the 3rd line, the power play, the penalty kill, prospects, trades, free agents, this trade, that trade, etc, etc.... Are all these people crying like lil girls?

That is what forums are about. Voicing your opinion and that almost always includes bitching about something. The point isnt to ballwash people and say how great everything is.

So, if you want to continue reading posts, I suggest you get used to it.

I ran a little test the past couple of days and tuned into the TEAM to see if anything has improved.

I heard Jason Botchford mumble his way through an interview with Mike Gillis. Asking the stupidest questions over an over. Scotty Rintoul was bland as always. Paul Chapman was....well, Paul Chapman, horrible as ever. Sekeres had his nasal voice going along with his horrible hosting skills. I even heard Jeff Patterson :picard: Now there's a challenge for one's nerves.

The problem is 1040 has a monoply on sports radio. They have the Canucks, Lions and Whitecaps. They have the insiders from TSN and Sportsnet. They have it all. So some where along the line management realized they didn't need to pay for talent to actually host the shows and entertain. Too bad.

One exception is the Moj. Why has he continually been passed up for his own weekday show?

Archived