Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The TEAM 1040

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#31 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I don't get that at all. I take sports talk for what it is.....opinions on the radio. If I get tired of listening or don't agree with something, I turn it off....done.

There is a difference between talking about a sport and ranting about your 'opinions'. Ever notice that no one takes their opinions as opinions, rather a doggone hard fact that must be argued to the death? And its usually quite negative, like something, someone sucks and has to change. Eh, just not for me I guess.

Edited by hsedin33, 02 July 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#32 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

I ran a little test the past couple of days and tuned into the TEAM to see if anything has improved.

I heard Jason Botchford mumble his way through an interview with Mike Gillis. Asking the stupidest questions over an over. Scotty Rintoul was bland as always. Paul Chapman was....well, Paul Chapman, horrible as ever. Sekeres had his nasal voice going along with his horrible hosting skills. I even heard Jeff Patterson :picard: Now there's a challenge for one's nerves.

The problem is 1040 has a monoply on sports radio. They have the Canucks, Lions and Whitecaps. They have the insiders from TSN and Sportsnet. They have it all. So some where along the line management realized they didn't need to pay for talent to actually host the shows and entertain. Too bad.

One exception is the Moj. Why has he continually been passed up for his own weekday show?
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.