The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Positivity thread

TACIC

I see loungo + player(s) going to Florida for a decent to good return after doan signs with NY.

I believe schnieder steps into the starting roll and playing great. Not quite as good as his numbers are right now but still top 5-7 in stats.

Kassian is going to play on the top line, struggle slightly at first to learn the sedins but lighting it up from november(or whichever month is second) on to end up with 30 goals and 41 assists.

CBA works out perfectly for the Canucks somehow. The season starts as normal.

Burrows becomes the second line playmaker for Kesler and booth after years of learning from the best.

Simple.

lol. Both Sedins are 31, Kesler is 28, Burrows is 31 as well, Booth is 27, Edler is 26, Hamhuis is 29, Hansen is 26, Bieksa is 31 also, Garrison is 27, Kassian is just 22, Tanev is 22, and Schneider is 26. Our average age is 29. We'll be staying competitive until the latter part of this decade. Our window isn't close to being shut.

Our team is not perfect. I don't know a team that is. They are all human and will make mistakes. I believe we make fewer than most.

However I think our team is and has been (despite last year's playoffs) in the top 4 teams likeliest to win a SC for the last 3/4 years and I see this continuing for the next 3/4 years.

That said I am of the opinion that it is the same thing every year that has prevented us winning the ultimate trophy. We lack a big dominating D who has push back and we lack a big sniping "shredder" to protect the Sedins and make space for them to work.

If we had to ice the cake I also think we could profit from a "Clowe" type player on the second line who could switch with Daniel, when things get "physical"

Competitive since 2001, cup contender since 2003 until now 2012. Nine years as a cup contender kicking ass every year, no cups but its still been alot of fun to be a Canucks fan all this time. Vancouver and Detroit are the only teams that have maintained a competitive team for that length of time (in the modern NHL era).

Competitive since 2001, cup contender since 2003 until now 2012. Nine years as a cup contender kicking ass every year, no cups but its still been alot of fun to be a Canucks fan all this time. Vancouver and Detroit are the only teams that have maintained a competitive team for that length of time (in the modern NHL era).

Archived