The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Well I certainly want to give people time to do their resigning, but I am not going to extend it for a long time. No. It literally would take 20 mins to jump on and resign your players, or give them contract offers. Obviously, I will give people a good day, maybe 2...but no person should need three days to re-sign some players which takes 20 mins to do so...sorry, that just would not be fair to the active people. The pre-draft and draft will all be one day. However, for the lead up to the FA...we can take a couple days to allow people to trade/sign.

I agree with your last idea Burke. I think the draft should be done in one day, because realistically everyone should have their draft priority's set already. A couple days to resign your own players is plenty, just a matter of logging on at some point and offering contracts. Then once we hit July 1, I think you should take a day or two there as well just to let everyone get their offers in if they're going to.

I am happy with this. Everyone think this is reasonable enough. I'm pumped for this off-season. First overall pick, I know how that a$$ hole Tambellini feels now. If everyone is okay with this then we will just do that, do the draft in one day, and then give everyone a day or two to re-sign and trade players.

Also, Rangers GM had to leave the league.

Current openings:

Colorado, Florida, Montreal, NYR and possibily SJ...we should have a guy but he never sent a request yet.

Just noticed the Ottawa and Philly series is 3-2 for Ottawa. You guys should finish the series tonight, because I am going to Advance it for the better of the group, tonight. Looks like it's almost over. Phenox is awaiting his challenger for Lord Stanley. As the Commish, I say good luck and grats to the winners.

As per Eklund: Vancouver Canucks have chosen who they are taking with their 1st overall pick, after their blockbuster deal with Columbus claiming their first overall pick in this years and next years draft.

@Bobmckenzie: GM Burke making some calls, possible deal(s) coming out of Vancouver before draft day. Burke is NOT moving 1st overall pick. Keeping pretty quiet on who they are taking, but the consensus is Burke and Staff have made a choice. #NHLDRAFT13

@Bobmckenzie: Getting conflicting info, Burrows close to signing 4 year 16 million dollar extension, he's on the trading block? #TSN #NHLDRAFT13

just wondering, is there an amount of sallery u have to be with-in?

By this i mean...

Going into the re-sign phase, i have 30 million to re-sign players, and the most i will use is probably 6 mil maybe to re-sign players, which would leave 24 mil, even if i use 7 million on free agents, i would be at 17 million left. Will this be a problem in the game or will it be fine?

I know this sounds confusing... LOL

After thinking a few things over... The duck are putting the 3rd and 4th pick OTB, close to making a deal moving the 2nd, most likely going to trade the 3rd, but want to hold onto the 4th, but PM offers for the 3rd and 4th overall pick in the 2013 draft.

@Eklund: Hearing a former LA captain may be getting moved... more to follow.. Also hearing LA is working on a contract extension for Simon Gagne, expect to see him in a Kings jersey next season. Furthermore, rumblings in the kings offices about some Carter trade talks, could he be dealt before next season?

Archived