The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lockout Protest

clutchburr

Why don't you go read about them and why they were (and still are) doing it, and you'll see what it's all about instead of jumping to dumb conclusions.

It's stupid to even compare the two really.

Hockey is entertainment.

Occupy is about things that are actually important in the world. Things that will come to affect everybody one day.

Get a clue.

I'm just wondering how weeed be sticking our nose where it doesn't belong? We are the ones that make it happen! A couple of idiots on here crying about what..other peoples passion for a sport they love..? Give your damn heads a shake man, the sport will return and ALL of us will be right back to paying 10 bux a beer and 200 bux a ticket, and if your saying you won't...wake up, you were back after 92, 05 and you will be back after this one, I say where your jersey inside out who is to tell you not to, not the clown shoes I've just read bashing this idea, maybe theyre all afraid of leaving they're mamis basements, where the govt. can't touch them! Sheeple away.. I don't live in van anymore but you can bet I will wear my jersey inside out on oct11!

Fail ! My post was right on point I speak of the govt. because the govt. was spoke of! The lockout is happening because owners want more and the players want more..what exactly is your argument? I'm simply agreeing with the op and disagreeing with you! I'm saying we all paid the se prices and will continue to when the jockey is back now fuc off and have a nice day

You've completely missed the point. We pay for the tickets and overpriced food/booze/arena parking... so what? The lockout is happening because the league and players haven't managed to agree on the terms for a new CBA. It has nothing to do with the fans beyond the fact that some teams in the US don't have enough of them, so they're losing money and someone has to bail them out. Hence, it really has nothing to do with us and a protest here isn't going to do anything. It's not a lack of support from hockey cities that's causing the lockout. I hope that wasn't too much logic for you to follow, considering how your posts are all over the place. You call the people who disagree with you "sheeple" when we actually have reasons for this being a bad idea, but I would say you're more of a sheep when the only point you've made is "WE'RE PASSIONATE" and you don't even suggest how this could actually make a difference.

Well my point good sir, is that those "retards" you so ignorantly referred to, are doing more for the world, than hockey players/owners are able to, or care to. Though I am NOT one of these people, I do do at least respect their cause.

So in those regards, thanks for playing as well, chief.

What gets me riled, is that people can get so passionate about saving hockey yet be so passive when it comes to the slow decline of democracy and equality.

Though I'm a great lover of this sport, maybe it's better that it's shut down, so people can realize whats going on outside.

Bottom line: if people want to make a difference, they have to make an effort. Make a vow, not to spend ANY MONEY of NHL tickets/merchandise, and see what kind of impact that will spark. They certainly can't argue about money if we don't give them any.

You've completely missed the point. We pay for the tickets and overpriced food/booze/arena parking... so what? The lockout is happening because the league and players haven't managed to agree on the terms for a new CBA. It has nothing to do with the fans beyond the fact that some teams in the US don't have enough of them, so they're losing money and someone has to bail them out. Hence, it really has nothing to do with us and a protest here isn't going to do anything. It's not a lack of support from hockey cities that's causing the lockout. I hope that wasn't too much logic for you to follow, considering how your posts are all over the place. You call the people who disagree with you "sheeple" when we actually have reasons for this being a bad idea, but I would say you're more of a sheep when the only point you've made is "WE'RE PASSIONATE" and you don't even suggest how this could actually make a difference.

The league made about 3 billion dollars last year.

To me the majority of the money should go to the guys on the ice, providing the entertainment. So this horse sh** about them having to take an unfair cut is less about greedy players to than it is about greedy business men.

Cash should go to the players... you know, the soldiers on the front line taking the hits. The ones who fork out the RISK.

Not the wealthy turds at the top who line their pockets with more and more cash! To hell with them. When I make a bad investment I pay for it. Why they don't think THEY should is GREED at it's best.

The NHLPA at least made an offer to help lower bracket teams ...even though players don't have control over where the NHL puts up a team. So why the hell should they be liable for them?

Anyways, ALL these people make so much damn money, there should have been a solution by now, so to hell with them all.

I won't be buying any NHL crap for years and I definitely won't see a game. Let them pay hard for this 3rd lockout so it never happens again.

They can't argue over profits if they don't get any.

So in objection to your original quote, I'd say it DOES have to do with the fans.

Archived