Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamhuis2

VAN-CHI proposal (the solution for Luo?)

4 posts in this topic

So I was reading another proposal that involved Luongo heading to Chicago and while I like some pieces, I wasn't overly happy. I think this proposal is fair for both sides and improves both teams where they need it.

TO VAN:

Andrew Shaw

Nick Leddy

Kyle Beach

TO CHI:

Roberto Luongo

Chris Tanev

The Canucks get two gritty future 2/3rd liners (Shaw already can play 3rd line minutes) and a future top-4 offensive d man (one could argue that Leddy is close to top-4 now).

The Blackhawks get a superstar goalie which they could use to get back to being a serious contender. They also get Tanev, who has looked more than NHL ready and poised beyond his years. They appear to be lacking in D prospects, so he could be solid for them.

The main problem I see with this proposal is the cap, as the Hawks take on about 3M in cap back. A salary dump could be taken by us.

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: Tanev in, Sauve out.

So I was reading another proposal that involved Luongo heading to Chicago and while I like some pieces, I wasn't overly happy. I think this proposal is fair for both sides and improves both teams where they need it.

TO VAN:

Andrew Shaw

Nick Leddy

Kyle Beach

TO CHI:

Roberto Luongo

Yann Sauve

The Canucks get two gritty future 2/3rd liners (Shaw already can play 3rd line minutes) and a future top-4 offensive d man (one could argue that Leddy is close to top-4 now).

The Blackhawks get a superstar goalie which they could use to get back to being a serious contender. They also get Sauve, a mean SOB d prospect who could be NHL ready as soon as next year. They appear to be lacking in D prospects, so he could be solid for them.

The main problem I see with this proposal is the cap, as the Hawks take on about 3M in cap back. A salary dump could be taken by us.

Let me know what you guys think.

why does everyone include tanev in trades with chicago? i dont want to trade him. but otherwise decent trade