The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Last Day for Obsidian's Project Eternity - Old-School RPG Goodness

woot

If anyone's not heard, Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, et al at Obsidian are working on kickstarting an old-school, isometric RPG. Today is the last day of their kickstarter campaign. This is going to be great; if you haven't already, I suggest you pledge up!

Obsidian Entertainment and our legendary game designers Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer are excited to bring you a new role-playing game for the PC. Project Eternity (working title) pays homage to the great Infinity Engine games of years past: Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment.

Project Eternity aims to recapture the magic, imagination, depth, and nostalgia of classic RPG's that we enjoyed making - and playing. At Obsidian, we have the people responsible for many of those classic games and we want to bring those games back… and that’s why we’re here - we need your help to make it a reality!

I ran into that last month, but I decided to rather look into buying the game when it actually comes out. But it's nice to see an old school RPG receive the funding. The whole project has some real promise, and seeing fans put their money where their mouths are in term of the games they want to play is a fantastic thing in and of itself, with all those bastard publishers out there.

Archived