#1 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

http://biggeekdad.co...lanket-auction/

Careful with that old rag that's been passed down for years in your family. Everyone loves a rags to riches story and this one involves a stunning Navajo First Phase Chief’s Wearing Blanket that was sold at John Moran Auctioneers in Southern California in June 2012. Big LT’s family had handed the indian blanket down through the generations, casually using it around the house, without any idea how much it might be worth. You’ll have to watch the auction at the end to see how much the museum-quality treasure sold for that has dramatically changed his life, and made auction history.
Heartwarming.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#2 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

That's awesome.

#3 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

lol if i was rich.. i would not spend 1.5 mill on a old blanket

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#4 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

So in your estimation the several wealthy bidders were not too bright. I'm going out on a limb here and say there's a good chance they know something you don't. Although having said that I think that things can get out of hand at auctions at times. But you have to think that the bidders were informed collectors with an eye to securing a rare artifact for investment purposes.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.