The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Arrives in Vancouver but May Not Stay Long

dudeone

Presuming it was coach's decision (which i don't think was the case), would you not agree Lu was gracious to comply? He appeared to be genuinely happy to share the Jennings with Schneider...if you want to remember it differently, that's your prerogative.

Well without Schneider and the minimum amount of games he had to play, there is no Jennings trophy. It's got nothing to do about being gracious to share the Jennings with Schneider.. And since when did Luo decide who starts games? Did Lou decide to start Cory in the playoffs last year? I doubt it...

So you don't think it's the coaches decision on who plays in goal? And you think Lou has the option on weather he wants to comply with the coaches decision? Well then...

Also just do you know Cory had a higher wining percentage per games played. If anything Lou was lucky Cory got it for him. :)

Dude, I was referring to the one case that Lu was pulled or pulled himself in the third period to give Schneider the number of games so that Schneider's name could be engraved on the Jennings. Does the distinction have to literally be spelled out for you? I guess you felt it necessary to extrapolate a circumstance-specific comment onto the entire decision-making dynamics on naming starters, though the case I am referring to has nothing to do with who starts and who sits.

I agree that 2010-2011 was a break-out season for Schneider, but stat line disputes your assertion Lu was lucky to have Schneider as his back up (source for stats shown below: canucks.com). As a refresher for you, Jennings is awarded to lowest team GAA, and for a goalie to have his name on the trophy, a minimum of 25 game appearances is required.

Luongo GP: 60; GAA: 2.11; W-L-T: 38-15-7; SV%: 0.928; WIN%: 0.692

Schneider GP: 25; GAA: 2.23; W-L-T: 16-4-1; SV% 0.929; WIN%: 0.750

I am 100% in support of this being Schneider's time, but let's not make him out into something (i.e., a superstar) he hasn't become yet (which I believe he will become) and make Lu to be something less than what he was (a franchise goalie with playoff failings that provided stability in nets as Sedins/Kesler/Bieksa/et.al. became the leaders they became).

Smiley face back at ya.

Archived