The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Forward Lines when Kesler and Booth comes back?

Sportjunky

• 2 weeks later...

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Kassian

Malhotra to rotate with Volpatti, depending on the match-up. Kassian to get spot duty in the top-9, as well as PP time. Weise to the Wolves if waivers not required. Otherwise, Barker to the Wolves and Weise to the press box.

Schroeder has looked good with Raymond and Hansen. The AMEX gets re-united. Kassian's demotion is a shame, but he fits well on the 4th line, and hopefully AV can get creative to keep his minutes up. None of the top-9 forwards fit on the fourth line, and all have been deserving of their spots.

An interview on 1040 with Gilman last summer

"Ryan is a finisher, he's a shooter and he's a unique centre iceman," explained Gilman, "but some of the best hockey Kesler played in my time here is when he played right wing, with Mats Sundin in the middle." He continued to discuss a scenario in which the Canucks might consider moving Ryan Kesler over to the wing, "When you have assets like Jordan Schroeder you have the luxury of maybe playing Ryan with other players."

I think we may see a lot of juggling until we find some combo's that work, but here is a thought from me:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian

Schroeder - Kesler - Burrows (Speed and defensively responsible)

Booth - Lappy - Raymond/Hansen

Higgins - Manny - Hansen/Raymond

Save Weise and/or Volpatti for teams where we need more grit or toughness

We have a lot of depth, its really difficult trying to find spots for everyone. I love Lapierre, but I wonder if he is more suited for a 4th line C rather than 3rd, but i would be VERY comfortable going into the playoffs with this line up. Gillis should feel no pressure what so ever to trade LU at this point. This team very well could be better than the one we had in 2011...just need to stay healthy.

D. Sedin-H. Sedin -Burrows

Booth- Kesler- Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Malhotra---- My logic for this one is that Higgins and Lappy look good together and I'd rather an extra face off man

Volpatti/Wiese

Why mess with good chemistry(Ray Schre Han)... Burrows and Kassian are interchangeable as well as Kassian and Higgins

The funny thing is a lot of these players could be third or second line players on many teams in the league...

Balanced Scoring:

D.Sedin/H.Sedin/Kassian

Booth or Raymond/Kesler/Burrows

Raymond or Higgins/Schroeder/Hansen

Higgins or Volpatti/Lapierre/Malhotra or Weise

Interchange Kassian and Burrows as necessary. At the moment, leave Burr with the Twins, they looked together great last night

*edit* whoops sorry Higgy

LOL @ that being reality

he hasnt play in how long and you expect him to just walk into the season on the second line

third line for kes till he gets up to game speed

get those good 2 way forward habits going before he thinks hes a sniper again

if av puts him on the second or even gives him second line minutes i will be surprised

sedin/sedin/burrows (cycling line)

booth/kesler/kassian (power line)

raymond/schroeder/hansen (speed line)

malhotra/lappiere/higgins (lunch bucket line)

weise

Kassian and Higgins Interchangable depending on Kassian's Consistancy

Kassian get's 2nd Unit PP time

Schroeder to stay on First Unit PP as left point with Edler

Schroeder's defensive reliability makes me comfortable leaving him on the 3rd line. I wouldn't go out to call it the "checking line," I would hope we've gotten to the point that a traditional checking line isn't needed and that we can trust all of our lines to be defensively responsible.

Archived