The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

how to sit through these types of games

Canuckler87

Was wondering how you guys prepare for games where the competition is clearly inferior & there's no star power (in this case none whatsoever) on the other team. To add to it, there is no rivalry present through years of many encounters in the playoffs. However, as loyal Canuck fans we must soldier on and find a way to sit through these games. What I like to do is play a mini game within the game as in focus on one player & count his good decisions vs his bad ones. Sounds lame i know, but if the other team is Columbus/ Phoenix/ Nashville .... whatya gonna do

you're really counting the 2 points? We have played a number of #2 and #3 goalies this year only to come up lame. There is a reason we have 5 loser points and not straight out wins.

Othwise living in the east I live for these 7 pm est games, so I watch them with a smile from ear to ear.

honestly, i don't think i've ever been bored watching a hockey game. even in an exciting game, like you, i like focusing on only one player once in a while. it's amazing how much skating they do, and how little they actually touch the puck.

but i mean against bad teams, there's always a chance you're going to lose, and otherwise, it's always fun to light them up.

also it gives a chance to see more of the third/fourth lines, which i enjoy very much.

you're really counting the 2 points? We have played a number of #2 and #3 goalies this year only to come up lame. There is a reason we have 5 loser points and not straight out wins.

Othwise living in the east I live for these 7 pm est games, so I watch them with a smile from ear to ear.

Archived