Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

how to sit through these types of games

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Canuckler87

Canuckler87

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Was wondering how you guys prepare for games where the competition is clearly inferior & there's no star power (in this case none whatsoever) on the other team. To add to it, there is no rivalry present through years of many encounters in the playoffs. However, as loyal Canuck fans we must soldier on and find a way to sit through these games. What I like to do is play a mini game within the game as in focus on one player & count his good decisions vs his bad ones. Sounds lame i know, but if the other team is Columbus/ Phoenix/ Nashville .... whatya gonna do

#2 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

I dont care if its a snoozefest like Columbus or Nashville or Phoenix or exciting hockey like Detroit or Chicago, I watch every game like a true fan and watch because I love hockey

#3 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

you're really counting the 2 points? We have played a number of #2 and #3 goalies this year only to come up lame. There is a reason we have 5 loser points and not straight out wins.

Othwise living in the east I live for these 7 pm est games, so I watch them with a smile from ear to ear.

#4 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

honestly, i don't think i've ever been bored watching a hockey game. even in an exciting game, like you, i like focusing on only one player once in a while. it's amazing how much skating they do, and how little they actually touch the puck.

but i mean against bad teams, there's always a chance you're going to lose, and otherwise, it's always fun to light them up.

also it gives a chance to see more of the third/fourth lines, which i enjoy very much.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#5 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

you're really counting the 2 points? We have played a number of #2 and #3 goalies this year only to come up lame. There is a reason we have 5 loser points and not straight out wins.

Othwise living in the east I live for these 7 pm est games, so I watch them with a smile from ear to ear.

Totally! Having to stay up for a 10pm puck drop is crazy, especially when we lose. I thought I saw yesterday it was another 7pm pacific start and I was crushed. Then I saw today it is a 4pm pacific start and I was like, woo hoo!!

Anyways, counting the 2 points as ours already is disaster setting. Any NHL team, besides the Hawks right now, can lose any game they go into, especially the ones they feel they will walk over the other team.

I enjoy games like these because the Nucks will have to hone in their game plan and execute. If they do that then this game should be very entertaining.

Having said that, my prediction: 5-0 Van City! :towel:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.