2 replies to this topic

#1 AdeptSinister

AdeptSinister

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

So, from what I've been reading on the NHL website, writers seem to believe that Craig Anderson, Antii Niemi, and Cory Crawford are frontrunners in the early race for the Vezina.
It blows my mind that not a single one has mentioned Pekka Rinne. The guy has been playing outstanding hockey for an offensively-weak Nashville team. So far this season, he has 10 wins, with a GAA of 2.00 and a SV% of .924. Not to mention his 5 shutouts, which is the most in the league.
Also, he has been the starter in 24 of Nashville's games in a season where most teams have their goalies in a time share to keep them fresh.
At this point and time, I honestly believe Rinne is the frontrunner for the Vezina.
Any other opinions out there?

#2 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Based on the frontrunners I think Viktor Fasth needs to be in the conversation as well.

#3 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hard to argue against Corey Crawford and Viktor Fasth. Most likely Crawford.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.