The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts on the deadline activity (or lack thereof) - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

L'Orange

so for the whiners.....

trade luongo to said team get a low pick 5th round?????....is better than having great depth in goal for a playoff run(injury)

get Roy...like we did  ........ then we trade (comparable to Min trade).......jensen and Lack for pominville.....

you might like the all in at the expense of our future......Min are stocked in prospects that they can afford to trade two similiar players..........guess we should have tanked the last few years and missed the playoffs ...trading picks for higgins,sedins kesler????????

If and this is a BIG IF, if kassian and jensen can somehow step up then it is like we gained two solid winger for free. Of course getting kesler and raymond back will be a boost. However the question here is not our team improved or not, I mean with the addition of roy we definitely improved. I think the question here is whether MG held on Lu for way too long or not. I mean if our current roster is fine as many of you think (I personally think it is fine as well) then why dont we just shift the focus to our prospect pool, improving your prospect pool is improving your team. One of the problems Canucks always face at trade deadline is that they have no solid prospect to offer without destroying the future of the team. With more pick and prospect we can solve that problem. Maybe if MG stop asking for a roster player, the whole thing can get solved. Of course he is the GM for a reason and I am not for a reason, so as long as he is our GM i will believe he is making the best decision at the moment for the team. (noticed I said at the moment, because deal that look good at first may look ugly later on. You can't really blame all the fault on GM for that)

Guest Gumballthechewy

He has to use terminology like that. Otherwise, it shoots holes in his "theory" that young players never make it on AV's watch...

Archived