The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks make another early playoff exit, should there be a new Captain?

Hunter56

No I saw Hank skating around the ice (like 99% of the canucks) without direction, without spunk, like he didn't even care! Meanwhile Kes went out there to play (in game 2,3 and 4) but once again his temamates, coach and the refs screwed him over!

Yes I know hockey I grew up on hockey, I live and breathe hockey, I will watch two teams I hate play eachother just for the sake of seeing a game and learning more! I am 34 and been watching since I was 13! So try and sit there and tell I don't know hockey! I am not trying to be disrespectfull against the sedins and have been very vocal against my dislike of the coaches! I am not blaming this whole mess on the sedins I am simply stating a fact that without heart or grit teams will go no where! Vancouver needs a leader who plays with these things and who can fire his team mates up yes kes isn't perfect and yes he isn't the 'ideal' leader but he is the only canuck who actually acts like he gives a damn!

Finally! Some members that understand where I'm coming from!

It wouldn't have made them win 16 straight, but there would've probably been a bit more effort. I'm not saying just anyone be captain, I'm saying that the captain should be someone that can get the team fired up emotionally and play with vigor. Kesler might not be the absolute best choice but he was the most emotionally charged player in the series. His health is a concern, but he should be good to go next season.

Also yeah, though everyone hates him a lot -- Dustin Brown does know how to captain a team, same goes with Toews.

Give or take a few years when I was in university but yeah pretty much a fan from the moment I knew what hockey was..... I also been here through the bure/linden/etc years to the dark days of Messier.... So I just find it frustrating to see this team(the most talented ever) go down like this with no drive or passion. I know they are not all to blame. That mostly AV and MG are to blame but as captain shouldn't Hank be the one who takes charge/steps up and leads by example when no one else is? I just don't see this happening anymore :(

It'd be his responsibility to lead the team. There's a lot more to wearing the C than "having people look at it" it means that he's responsible for leading the pep talks and the play on the ice. Yeah true I don't know what exactly goes on in the locker room but whatever they did this series obviously didn't work.

Archived