The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make It A Win-Win For Yourselves

westvandude

Haha yes. I try to avoid as well. I listened to my normal music instead of Team 1040 on the drive to work and actually avoided any hockey related stuff for a while... but couldn't resist it anymore! I think it's better to be so comfortable with your position (i.e. the "win-win") that you don't have to avoid any hockey stuff to not have a bad day after a loss.

I'm honestly very excited for the game tomorrow. As well as the games today. Wanna see if my load-up-on-capitals strategy pays off in my hockey pool. Go Ovi!

Dude,

When are you giving your yoga classes? I'd like to attend...as long as it's not that hot yoga stuff. I'm too fat and out of shape...I need that calming, positive, easy-going class.

Phred Phlinstone

I used to be one of those guys that was proud of how upset I would get after each Canucks loss in playoffs, and how depressed I would get when they lost the series.... Then I realized the power of self-brainwashing, and being realistically positive in any situation.

For me, there is no point to be overly negative. I think we're definitely gonna win this series if/when the team starts playing to their potential (last seen against Hawks a week or 2 ago) regardless of who's in the net and regardless of how good Sharks and Niemi play. (and no I wouldn't say the same thing if we were playing the Hawks... we'd need some luck as well as playing to full potential)

I'm excited to see if they can get to that level in game 2 or even 3. If we go down 0-3, then I'll start preparing for a 1st round exit.

And if they lose, then I fully expect some major changes to follow in the off-season, so I'll be excited to see what happens. Not to mention all the other exciting and entertaining match ups the remainder of this playoffs... and the outcome of the several hockey pools I'm in.

So to conclude, don't get upset and depressed. There's nothing cool about being the grumpy "I told you so" person that no one wants to hang out with. Make it a win-win situation where you'd be excited for something regardless of the outcome.

PS this is different than being unrealistically positive (the "I Believe" people) cuz it's not a win-win as you still stand to get very upset/depressed if/when Canucks lose.

Archived