The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 FIFA World Cup

Brad Marchand

19 hours ago, DanielG27 said:

Congrats to France on winning the WC! I think the biggest problem that people have (myself included) with France winning, is due to the way they play. Sorry but France plays a boring game of football. They don't initiate the play. They wait and hope for the opposing team to make a mistake. They rarely pressured teams. They play the way most inferior teams play against the powerhouses. Difference is that France has world class players.

But having all 11 players in your half for more than half of the game, is not an entertaining football game. I'm a Belgian and naturally was rooting for Belgium and France won deservedly. They were efficient. One chance and they put it in but the rest of the game, they sat back. They play a trap-like style if you want to compare it, even though they are quite different sports. Two teams going at each other and creating constant danger is a lot more fun to watch than France IMHO. I am very proud of the Belgian team. They played with their heart and played attractive football.

And one last thing, they started playing dirty the further they got. Faking injuries and wasting time. What Mbappé did against us during extra time, was dirty and cowardly but understandable as well but still have a bit of sportsmanship. The FIFA really need to change the rules. I think they need to implement a stopclock. That will stop all this team wasting and faking injuries. It doesn't promote the sport when you see Neymar flopping on the ground.

Congrats France on winning the WC! We will get you in 2 years when the Euros come around :).

Belgians saying that about france is comical. You must have a short memory, seeing as how Belgium parked the bus against Brazil yet claim to be more enjoyable than France. 4 goals in the world cup final is too defensive for you? 4 in the round of 16? 2 in quarters? 

Im sorry we didnt play panama or tunisia or japan, im sure you would have seen a different belgium had you gone against actual teams all tournament.

Archived