The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Avs & Habs

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

There are too many variables to give simple Y/N answers to such questions. For example, I find OJ & Byram pretty poor comparables. Trouble for me(talkin' trades with all U guys) is I have little to no access(or time) to view/rate prospects. I mostly base opinion on short clips, draft placement, & info I randomly grab from various posters.

Here in Asia I only use NHL.com website to view big league tilts..that's it.

In my teens/20's I used to love watching younger players, & try to project who I thought had the real goods to be a top pro. I've prob substituted this old interest, into formulating random, crazy trades outa' thin air. If I can dream up a system whereby I can forecast future deals(perhaps 10-20% of the time?) I'll likely open a fortune telling stand in downtown Osaka instead. One of my students had a Father doin' such a gig..there's pretty good demand here. Stylish young ladies who want to know what love-life is in store. Look at their graceful palms & wax optimistic..I bet they're more agreeable/pleasant that 90% of us CDC'ers.

Olli Juolevi was drafted 5th overall in the 1st round of the 2016 draft. Born in 1998 he's 6"2 198lbs.

Quote from elite prospects:

A competitive spark-plug, Olli Juolevi is a complete, all-around defenceman who can hem the opposition in their own end or make things difficult for the opposition at home; either way, he puts the pressure on and lays it on thick. A strong and balanced skater, he can rush the puck through the neutral zone with ease or backcheck with haste. Uses his size to his advantage, but knows his physical limits and plays within them. Instead of playing overly physical, he makes his presence felt by exhibiting his high-end playmaking ability and puck possession play. All-in-all, a well-rounded blueliner who thrives under pressure and can be trusted in all situations. 

He quickly escapes trouble with his quick feet and good puck protection before moving the puck to the safe option.

Bowen Byram was drafted 4th overall in the first round of the 2019 draft. Born in 2001 he's 6"1 192bs. 192bs.

Quote From elite prospects:

An exceptionally gifted defenceman who knows his strengths and plays by them. He possesses elite skating ability and is at his best when playing high energy, up-tempo hockey. He handles the puck well and is able to keep control of it under pressure. He makes calculated decisions that consistently shift momentum in his team's favor. His creativity in the offensive zone speaks to his confidence in his ability to be a game-changer. 

Defensively astute, he actively takes away lanes and limits options for the oncoming opposition. All-in-all, Bowen Byram is a workhorse who understands how to take advantage of turnovers and shift the pace of play in his favor in all three zones. 

sound pretty similar to me, even being injured in their d+1 years. If byram can avoid the injury bug unlike Juolevi he should develop a little better.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Avs & Habs