The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

let me put it another way then, similar to a previous statement. SFU should have a declared policy of never closing and its up to employees and student to get themselves there, and tough tities if they cant be bothered to use snow tires and chains.

You can also bet in such a situation, that some enterprising person will see the need in such a situation and provide and special snow service up the mountain on such days as this, for those pansie that need it.

so some classes are a go and some aren't? how are you suppose to get students updated on that?

oh and what about students who use transit? are they expected to put chains on the bus before it goes up the hill? they're the ones who need to go up the hill so why not?

Edited by the_martian

so some classes are a go and some aren't? how are you suppose to get students updated on that?

teachers should be expected to show up and reprimanded if they dont, like any other occasion where a teacher simply doesnt show up. As for the students, it be the same as any other time a teacher doesnt show up or is "sick" at last minute. Wouldnt happen very often if teachers jobs were dependant on it.

let me put it another way then, similar to a previous statement. SFU should have a declared policy of never closing and its up to employees and student to get themselves there, and tough tities if they cant be bothered to use snow tires and chains.

You can also bet in such a situation, that some enterprising person will see the need in such a situation and provide and special snow service up the mountain on such days as this, for those pansie that need it.

Good God man, seriously, SHUT UP!

You have NO idea what you're talking about. The BIGGEST concern for everyone involved is SAFETY of everyone who goes to that university. There aren't JUST students and employees. There's a childcare center that looks after hundreds upon hundreds of children EVERY single day, if you want to jeopardize the lives of countless children then go ahead, feel free, but the liability for a university to force parents and their children to drive up that hill would be monumental. I guarantee you, that will be the biggest complaint.

visiting profs, presenters, visitors to the museum or those wishing to watch one of the events held in one of the theaters....thousands of people on campus every day aren't ACTUALLY staff or students. Should they be forced to get up there as well?

Students already pay $20,000 a year (approx.) for tuition and fees and other costs and now you expect them to afford vehicles as well? I feel very priviledged to own a car and have the ability to drive to school when I wish, however I still take the bus about 95% of the time simply because I'd rather save on gas as much as possible...so when bus service gets cancelled and 1000's and 1000's of students can't make it up the hill, they simply miss their class? Their class that they spent $500 just have the right to SIT there and listen to someone talk?

Give your cement-filled head a bloody shake and don't stop until you pass out.

You guys don't impress me. I've been drunk and had to walk UP the mountain before at 1:30 in the morning because it was snowing and the bus was having troubles. Mind you, it was much safer because there were a lot of us doing it. But it was easily contridicted by our intoxicated state. Anyways, I'm rambling...

Edited by kraftdinner

Good God man, seriously, SHUT UP!

You have NO idea what you're talking about. The BIGGEST concern for everyone involved is SAFETY of everyone who goes to that university. There aren't JUST students and employees. There's a childcare center that looks after hundreds upon hundreds of children EVERY single day, if you want to jeopardize the lives of countless children then go ahead, feel free, but the liability for a university to force parents and their children to drive up that hill would be monumental. I guarantee you, that will be the biggest complaint.

visiting profs, presenters, visitors to the museum or those wishing to watch one of the events held in one of the theaters....thousands of people on campus every day aren't ACTUALLY staff or students. Should they be forced to get up there as well?

Students already pay $20,000 a year (approx.) for tuition and fees and other costs and now you expect them to afford vehicles as well? I feel very priviledged to own a car and have the ability to drive to school when I wish, however I still take the bus about 95% of the time simply because I'd rather save on gas as much as possible...so when bus service gets cancelled and 1000's and 1000's of students can't make it up the hill, they simply miss their class? Their class that they spent $500 just have the right to SIT there and listen to someone talk?

Give your cement-filled head a bloody shake and don't stop until you pass out.

I'm sorry, take the icepack off your vagina then post.

Edited by El_Capitan

Most of the people going up to SFU use transit so tell us oh wise one how you're going to retro fit a HUGE fleet of B-Line buses that travel up and down the mountain?????

Because snow service for what 5 days worth of snow is NOT FEASIBLE....... when alot of money has been spent for the buses travelling to and from SFU....... LMAO...

Pansy, so your calling the folks talking transit up to SFU pansies. You shouldn't be talking.

bahh. Where this is a will there is a way. Different solution for each person. Just do it and quit whining about it. Up to each person to find a way to get up and down. If I had to go there every day, I can assure you, somehow, I would, and that includes the times when I didnt have a car. The worst vancouver weather, or the worst prairie weather, I never let it stop me from being where I needed or wanted to be. When busses didnt run, I found other ways.

teachers should be expected to show up and reprimanded if they dont, like any other occasion where a teacher simply doesnt show up. As for the students, it be the same as any other time a teacher doesnt show up or is "sick" at last minute. Wouldnt happen very often if teachers jobs were dependant on it.

You seriously don't know what you're talking about. You some old guy from Delta rambling about how things need to change from your basement. Perhaps you need to get off your donkey and go talk to people worthwhile about your garbage and then you'll see half the stuff you crack is complete BULLSH*T. What is your point exactly?? you think anyone is actually listening to the garbage your making up on this board?? if it was that easy the higher management more qualified then you would have corrected the problems long ago...

Edited by Sir Menace

bahh. Where this is a will there is a way. Different solution for each person. Just do it and quit whining about it. Up to each person to find a way to get up and down. If I had to go there every day, I can assure you, somehow, I would, and that includes the times when I didnt have a car. The worst vancouver weather, or the worst prairie weather, I never let it stop me from being where I needed or wanted to be. When busses didnt run, I found other ways.

That's good for you. You should be proud of yourself and everything you've accomplished.

:rolleyes:

So tell me what the other ways are?? I'm a student who works part-time, pays crap amount of tuition. I don't have money lying around for a car, and the only way I can get to SFU is transit.

STFU already...

What are the other ways, I ain't taking no taxi if you suggest that.

You seriously don't know what you're talking about. You some old guy from Delta rambling about how things need to change from your basement. Perhaps you need to get off your donkey and go talk to people worthwhile about your garbage and then you'll see half the stuff you crack is complete BULLSH*T. What is your point exactly?? you think anyone is actually listening to garbage your making up?? if it was that easy the higher management more qualified then you would have corrected the problems long ago...
being "some old guy", I have been around, lived more life, learned more things, and done more things than most punks here can comprehend.