The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

No, no one is going to get used to it. It will never pass, with any govermentment. Capiche paisan?

We had the same hell raisers when routes were cut or shortened when the Millennium Line was built. People will get used to it in time.

We had the same hell raisers when routes were cut or shortened when the Millennium Line was built. People will get used to it in time.

God, do I have to be on partoll now:?

I am not gonna wreck my own weekend. I am here for the music. But I can GUARANTEE, it's a different kind of hell raisers. A much stronger, more dangerous kind of hell raisers. The kind of hells raisersers, well..

Remember when we thought the Canada Line was going to open tomorrow this morning. Good times...

Judging from what I saw of Templeton Station, Sea Island Station and Marine Drive Station today, it's gonna take a while. Especially Templeton Station, which looks like it's in the middle of a wheat field and desert field at this point...

Judging from what I saw of Templeton Station, Sea Island Station and Marine Drive Station today, it's gonna take a while. Especially Templeton Station, which looks like it's in the middle of a wheat field and desert field at this point...

Mid-August, it will open. I guarantee it.

Templeton isn't that important of a station.

You're right, it's not. But it's getting treated like one, it seems. I've heard more about Templeton Station than Sea Island Centre Station (which seems much more important).

Hopefully it'll open before I fly off to Asia for a year...

^ Templeton Station, in the future, will be more important than Sea Island. Templeton is actually the largest station in the Canada Line, and as mentioned some pages ago it's slated to be the drop-off/pick-up zone for passengers....that's YVR's aim. They also plan to have some check-in facilities, and the current desert field is going to be covered with asphalt for long-term parking. There's also going to be retail and office there.

Broadway-City Hall still looks very far from completion and I think it's a pretty important station. I walk past it every day and I still can't figure out what it is. There's this giant mass of concrete steps and holes and isolated walls that spans almost an entire block behind the station. What is all that?

Well, by all means then, let's make a public announcement! We can't for example let cancuks fans be more on teh know than others!@

Fairness before pride!

^ lol what? are you drunk?

Edited by nitronuts

Broadway-City Hall still looks very far from completion and I think it's a pretty important station. I walk past it every day and I still can't figure out what it is. There's this giant mass of concrete steps and holes and isolated walls that spans almost an entire block behind the station. What is all that?

Not sure what you're talking about, but Broadway-City Hall is ready for revenue service. What matters is the station entrance, the station interior and the platform. It's functionally ready for service.

I do recall public space, tunnel fan vents, and an emergency exit behind the station entrance.

Not sure what you're talking about, but Broadway-City Hall is ready for revenue service. What matters is the station entrance, the station interior and the platform. It's functionally ready for service.

I do recall public space, tunnel fan vents, and an emergency exit behind the station entrance.

Oh, is that all just public space? It looks terrible, like some half-finished construction project. And all the random concrete holes are full of garbage.

Though I agree that it looks like the station itself is ready for service.

^ well, yes. Restoration is still a project under construction, but what matters is the train infrastructure itself. If the stations area already, not their surroundings, and if testing is successful they will be able to open. Minor construction like what you're talking about with Broadway certainly won't stand in the way of the line opening.

Broadway-City Hall

broadway2ej9.jpg

broadway1ov2.jpg

Edited by nitronuts

IMG_0896.jpg

It's this stuff. You can't really see it in the picture but it spans about half a block. I have no idea what it all is, looks like just a bunch of random concrete protrusions.

Edited by Columbo