The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

MUCH needed bump

What's happening people

Not much. Over the last few days a videogame has somehow managed to make me feel depressed and empty with it's awfulness. Then I get more depressed when I realize the fact that a videogame sucking is somehow making me upset in the first place. Stupid Mass Effect 3, lol.

Not much. Over the last few days a videogame has somehow managed to make me feel depressed and empty with it's awfulness. Then I get more depressed when I realize the fact that a videogame sucking is somehow making me upset in the first place. Stupid Mass Effect 3, lol.

Is this feeling you're experiencing similar to playing GTA4 as opposed to GTA San Andreas which is 100x better?

Is this feeling you're experiencing similar to playing GTA4 as opposed to GTA San Andreas which is 100x better?

Yes and no. Can't really make that comparison when GTA4 and San Andreas aren't connected in the same way as the Mass Effect games. But imagine rather then being able to play the ending, Carl's locked in his home talking to God about what's happening outside with friends and enemies. Something to that extent.

Edited by g_bassi13

Yes and no. Can't really make that comparison when GTA4 and San Andreas aren't connected in the same way as the Mass Effect games. But imagine rather then being able to play the ending, Carl's locked in his home talking to God about what's happening outside with friends and enemies. Something to that extent.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

You're saying the game just straight up sucks ? :P

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

You're saying the game just straight up sucks ? :P

Nah. It'd be otherwise great, but the ending just makes it unplayable. No one part of any game I've ever played, book I've ever read, or movie I've ever seen has pissed me off anywhere close to as much as this has. It's an unprecedented level of horrible.

Nah. It'd be otherwise great, but the ending just makes it unplayable. No one part of any game I've ever played, book I've ever read, or movie I've ever seen has pissed me off anywhere close to as much as this has. It's an unprecedented level of horrible.

But if you've already hit the ending.. then haven't you just played the game?

I can't relate, but take your frustrations out in the gaming section ? Lol.

But if you've already hit the ending.. then haven't you just played the game?

I can't relate, but take your frustrations out in the gaming section ? Lol.

Well yeah I finished it, lol. I don't know how I can play it again, or even the first in the series, knowing it leads to this. Makes it all so very pointless (well, more pointless then a videogame already is)

And I have been venting my frustrations in the gaming section, but it was bound to spillover at some point, lol. It's one of those all encompassing rages.

Well yeah I finished it, lol. I don't know how I can play it again, or even the first in the series, knowing it leads to this. Makes it all so very pointless (well, more pointless then a videogame already is)

And I have been venting my frustrations in the gaming section, but it was bound to spillover at some point, lol. It's one of those all encompassing rages.

Is it weird that now I wanna play the series and find out why it's so pointless ?

Is it also weird that you're stressing this much over a game ? :P

Is it weird that now I wanna play the series and find out why it's so pointless ?

Is it also weird that you're stressing this much over a game ? :P

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are possibly my favourite games of all time, but I can't recommend playing them knowing how the series ends. The point of the first 2 games was to make a myriad of moral decisions which in turn would shape the fate of the galaxy with many varying possibilities in the 3rd game, based on what choices you made. Turns out that wasn't the case at all. The people who made the game essentially straight up lied.

And yes, I do find it weird that I'm reacting to a game like this. But I guess I didn't realize just how awesome these were until they were ruined.

But anyways, I might as well stop spamming this thread with hate, even if it was already deader then dead.

Edited by g_bassi13

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are possibly my favourite games of all time, but I can't recommend playing them knowing how the series ends. The point of the first 2 games was to make a myriad of moral decisions which in turn would shape the fate of the galaxy with many varying possibilities in the 3rd game, based on what choices you made. Turns out that wasn't the case at all. The people who made the game essentially straight up lied.

And yes, I do find it weird that I'm reacting to a game like this. But I guess I didn't realize just how awesome these were until they were ruined.

But anyways, I might as well stop spamming this thread with hate, even if it was already deader then dead.

Why is that ? This thread use to be so bumping, every morning it would be like missing a TV show

Why is that ? This thread use to be so bumping, every morning it would be like missing a TV show

Because most people that used to post in this thread are no longer on CDC. Some are sure, but it's not enough to keep a general discussion going. The only way it could work again is if those remaining people had a concentrated effort in reviving it. But a thread like this requires people to actually want to post in it, but with all the lost momentum, it's been left for dead. Which kinda sucks.

Also, White Noise hasn't exactly been active for the last while, and this is a by product of that.

Edited by g_bassi13

Because most people that used to post in this thread are no longer on CDC. Some are sure, but it's not enough to keep a general discussion going. The only way it could work again is if those remaining people had a concentrated effort in reviving it. But a thread like this requires people to actually want to post in it, but with all the lost momentum, it's been left for dead. Which kinda sucks.

Also, White Noise hasn't exactly been active for the last while, and this is a by product of that.

Yeah, reading the first few pages.. some pretty ledge posters

Pretty epic that you started a thread with +475 pages, feelin' like a boss ?!

The current picture would only have us 2 in it, pretty depressing lounge :P

you guys are lame

I can't pay much heed to those words when they come from you.

Yeah, reading the first few pages.. some pretty ledge posters

Pretty epic that you started a thread with +475 pages, feelin' like a boss ?!

The current picture would only have us 2 in it, pretty depressing lounge :P

Except I didn't make the original one. It was a user that had that sig of a cat wearing a melon helmet (I believe his name was melonhelmet). It was in off-topic when whitenoise didn't exist. Posts like essentially every one in this thread were considered spam at the time. So the place was just a way to have random conversations at night when the mods were asleep. But being spam, the thread was eventually locked.

When White Noise was opened (or rather, reopened), I figured it was a good place to get the thread restarted.

• Upvote 1

I can't pay much heed to those words when they come from you.

Except I didn't make the original one. It was a user that had that sig of a cat wearing a melon helmet (I believe his name was melonhelmet). It was in off-topic when whitenoise didn't exist. Posts like essentially every one in this thread were considered spam at the time. So the place was just a way to have random conversations at night when the mods were asleep. But being spam, the thread was eventually locked.

When White Noise was opened (or rather, reopened), I figured it was a good place to get the thread restarted.

One mods I can remember from back in the day = Maxim Afinogenov

He was pretty clutch.